total NEWB...looking for amp.

Meeh

• Members

hello there my fellow guitarists. Well i've been playing guitar for a while, but im just venturing into the electric guitar world. I just bought a Fender Strat HSS (MIM) and a used DS-1. I've been playing through a cousin's amp, but i had to give it back =(. haha. anyway, seeing as i don't know crap about amps, just looking for a practice amp to play around with in my room. Definately willing to buy used. The sound, for now anyway, would be anything that i can hook up my ds-1 to. thanks for reading.

• Members

hello there my fellow guitarists. Well i've been playing guitar for a while, but im just venturing into the electric guitar world. I just bought a Fender Strat HSS (MIM) and a used DS-1. I've been playing through a cousin's amp, but i had to give it back =(. haha. anyway, seeing as i don't know crap about amps, just looking for a practice amp to play around with in my room. Definately willing to buy used. The sound, for now anyway, would be anything that i can hook up my ds-1 to. thanks for reading.

What's your budget?? pretty important piece of information. In the low end range i would look at fender blues jr, hot rod deluxe, super champ xd, peavey classic, traynor, and things like that.

• Members

oh yeah. sorry i forgot that. i have $400 right now, i can probably save up another $100 in couple weeks. As for sound, im into blues/rock, so i'll be taking that direction. thanks again.

Considering that and the fact you are usuing a pedal i would go with a blues JR, Hot rod deluxe or peavey classic amp. You will get a tonne of different answers, best thing is to go try a few of those mentioned at a local music store and see which ones work best for you.

Archived