Fears- song-- thoughts critics welcome

Delta0311

• Members

Welcome to the Songwriting Forum.

The basic mission of the forum is the discussion of the art and craft of songwriting and offering assistance with feedback and constructive criticism on new songs and other works in progress. Of course, giving thoughtful comment requires some time and energy.

Like so much in life -- what you get out of it will likely depend on what you put in...

I hope you'll share your insight with others when they're looking for critiques -- it's a great way to let people get to know you. And the more that people know you as someone who is willing to help out, the more eager they'll be to help you when you're looking for some good ol' constructive crit. (BTW, I'm the mod here, so if you have any problems, feel free to PM me using HC's personal message system, which you can access by clicking on my user name to the left.)

I'm assuming you're looking for feedback on your track, so without further ado:

"Fears" has, overall, a smooth dark sound, fitting for the lyrics of alienation and resolute aloneness.*

I thought I caught a tiny rhythm glitch early on and there's maybe a little imprecision going on but, overall, this performance and your brooding, rough doubled vocal serves the mood well.

*BTW, the MySpace player lyric viewer is mangling your formatting -- looks like it stripped out the carriage returns at the end of lines. MyS really are idiots... who would ever think a song lyric would need fixed line lengths, huh? :D

• Members

javascript fail??

Were you having problems getting the MySpace player to load for his song?

I did too but once I got all the appropriate javascript permissions opened up for the page in Firefox/NoScript it finally came in (it took a long, long time, IIRC -- MySpace just gets slower and slower; I strongly recommend other hosting sites, but, of course, MySpace is MySpace and as long as the sheeple are sheeple it will continue to thrive -- at least until the next big 'social trend' takes over).

• Members

yeah good stuff here. good or bad the vocals could come up to be easier understood. You are hitting MOST pitches, which means you can fix the bad ones. reminds me of a lone guitarist, leaving a gig at night, walking down the middle of a wet road in some small town. good moody feel like bryson mentioned

• Members

See I am a guitarist by trade honestly rather ashamed of my vocals or voice period but I got tired of waiting and waiting for a singer to come along that didnt wanna scream or growl- WTF is that stuff anyways-

But I se what your saying about the pitch and being able to focus on the bad ones. Funny thing about that it reminded you of walking down a wet road in a small town - been there done that-- just kinda cool to hear someones perception of it and it be pretty damn close to what inspired it. Thanks guys!

Archived