Hooked On Love

LeonardScaper

• Members

Pretty much done with love songs for a while. Thought I'd try something a little different.

I don't play much blues guitar so I'm out of my league big time on this one. Wondering about general structure. Also wondering about where to place the lyrics....particularly in the two bridge sections.

This tune is a WIP for sure. Lots of tools to still apply...blues harp, electric guit, drums......maybe even the Calhoun Street Horns.

Advise would be appreciated.

BTW...I haven't posted lyrics because I'm not quite sure what they are yet.

Oh...I set this one up for a fade out, so it's a little long as is.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7127504

• Members

Pretty much done with love songs for a while. Thought I'd try something a little different.

I don't play much blues guitar so I'm out of my league big time on this one. Wondering about general structure. Also wondering about where to place the lyrics....particularly in the two bridge sections.

This tune is a WIP for sure. Lots of tools to still apply...blues harp, electric guit, drums......maybe even the Calhoun Street Horns.

Advise would be appreciated.

BTW...I haven't posted lyrics because I'm not quite sure what they are yet.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7127504

I think the arrangement chord and melody wise is fine. (For me) the exit from the lead break could use some more full chords to emphasize the sweet transition. I would end it at 3:45...as the story's been told...maybe a fast fade out....Lyrics are great perfectly bluesy - post em...:thu:

This would make a great line/title for a song....

• Members

Lyrics are great perfectly bluesy - post em...:

Thanks..........

She cried

When she broke my heart

I should have known we were doomed right from the start

But it was a bolt from above.

I've got flawless intuition

But I'm hooked on love.

She lied

But how was I to know

She took me in her arms and then she let me go

That's when push came to shove.

It's like a choreographed collision

'Cause I'm hooked on love.

My My

The way she moves

When she sits me down and gets me in a groove

And I can't get up.

I'm in a bad position

'Cause I'm hooked on love.

I tried

I did my level best

But she looked damn good in that little blue dress

Yes it fit like a glove.

I've made some bad decisions

Cause I'm hooked on love.

• Members

:idk: I thought "Full Body Smile" was a great love song as was the twenty year old wedding song.

I don't play much blues guitar so I'm out of my league big time on this one.

I think the chops are there, but they sound very rusty.

Wondering about general structure. Also wondering about where to place the lyrics....particularly in the two bridge sections.

A lot of that really depends on the guitar part - structure as is should be fine if the guitar interludes and fills were better played. If the guitar isn't going to get any better you probably need to do significant cutting and reshaping.

• Members

Thanks guys...........

I'm hoping I can clean things up a bit when I track the SG.....maybe get Stella off the stage a bit, although my blues licks will still leave a great deal to be desired. Gotta step out of my comfort zone once in a while, though.

Planning on having some fun with this one.

• Members

I assume you mean after this one....

Some very cool percussive action in this from all the instruments- I can't even identify it all, I'm not sure about a couple things.

It kind of gets distracted in the middle and then sorta snaps back to the lyrics here and there. Definitely has your trademark loose structure- it always feels one step away from a train-wreck, but just manages to stay on the track with two wheels. You're blessed with a solid homogeneous style that I could pretty well pick out any time- although I'm sure you've worked it out over time. I've always bounced across styles myself, which really kind of denies any identity. Ah well, it fits my ADD well....

Another great song mr. leonard. I'd love to have a whole cd for listening on a lazy sunday afternoon.

• Members

Actually I was hoping that this tune would get me off in a slightly different direction.......btw, thanks, Sentry, for your kind words.

Anyway, in the true WIP spirit I'm posting a version with some percussion and electric guitar in the hopes of possible suggestions as to further instrumentation and/or arrangement ideas.

Somebody needs to slap me hard enough to get me to fade this song out.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7144767

Archived