Latest recording, need comments

jasonb

• Members

I like the intro pretty well. I'm a fool for spacey slow blues type stuff. Which is a good thing, looks, like. ;) There's a nice, really restrained quality, here, reminiscent of the disciplined emotionalism of someone like David Gilmour.

Now, nothing says a piece like this has to end up back with the beginning motif, but I wondered if it might help solidify the identity of the tune in folks' minds if you didn't maybe come back around to the motif you spent some time establishing in the beginning?

It could be the difference between someone passing an agreeably dreamy few minutes, walking away with a vague positive impression -- or the same person getting to the end of the song and walking away with a real sense of the song, maybe kind of humming it or reliving the haunting intro themes. Well... you get the drift. ;)

• Members

Very good little groove here, I like it. It feels a little spartan here and there, like maybe the bass could get a little more active and in the mix. As a guitarist myself, I appreciate instrumentals- but I think this one is begging for some good lyrics. Just a thought. Good song!

• Members

Thanks for the responses guys! I agree that some parts are a bit sparse and I actually have been thinking of redoing the bass line we'll see.:lol:

Now I really apreciate the David Gilmour reference! Hes one of my favs, if I could be 1/100 of the guitar player he is I would be happy!

As far as lyrics..... I'm not much of a lyricist or singer for that matter, but I have been planning on adding lyrics and actually doing some singing myself on my next project.:rolleyes: We'll see how that goes!:lol:

• Members

Yeah......I really enjoyed this listen.

Your playing elecits a deep emotion....it held me right to the end. I'd think carefully about other instruments as you have established an intimacy with the guitar. A well played bass line or even a haunting organ.

Lyrics would need to be just right regarding performance and writing.....wouldn't force the issue.

With this tune I would think like a physician......first do no harm.

Archived