In search of a preamp pedal...

koninos

• Members

Hi all!!

I play metal and have a budget of 300 euros...

I need a preamp for using it with a power amp and a cabinet and I also need it for direct recording (with the use of cab impulses)...

I tried the Mesa/Boogie V-Twin pedal but its gain is just not enough for metal...

I also tried the Tech21 Sansamp GT2 and California pedals which were great but I was pissed off by the fact that you can't disable the cabinet simulator...

Could you please suggest me a hi-gain preamp (I 'd like it to be a pedal but ok if it's not) up to 300 euros?

Thanks in advance!!!

• Members

Hi all!!

I play metal and have a budget of 300 euros...

I need a preamp for using it with a power amp and a cabinet and I also need it for direct recording (with the use of cab impulses)...

I tried the Mesa/Boogie V-Twin pedal but its gain is just not enough for metal...

I also tried the Tech21 Sansamp GT2 and California pedals which were great but I was pissed off by the fact that you can't disable the cabinet simulator...

Could you please suggest me a hi-gain preamp (I 'd like it to be a pedal but ok if it's not) up to 300 euros?

Thanks in advance!!!

Damage Control Solid Metal

or

keeley modded metal zone if that is your thing

Personally I'd buy a BB Preamp to boost your current rig.... :idea:

• Members

I am sorry for the double thread, I didn't do it in purpose (starting new threads for fun is not what I usually do in my free time:p)...

I just couldn't find the other thread so I thought that an error occured and it wasn't submited...

Anyway, I really appreciate your help guys!!!:)

Archived