Anyone run'n a 412 with all G12K100's?

solarburn

• Members

might be too bass heavy with your current settings.

but it will be tight as {censored} with the bass down.

Yah, I got no problems easing off the bass. That is something I was thinking of though cause they(K100's)have such good lows. You gotta remember though a DSL is a bright amp and has lots of mids.

So I think it would be a good mix between amp & speaker. Especially with the 60L's added. That's a little of my thinking so far and I was wondering if someone was actually run'n all K100's to see if indeed it was too much lowend.

• Members

I'm probably going to buy a quad today. I played a 412 GK100 rear-loaded Stoneage cab last week and it was awesome with my Herbert and VH4 (especially the Herbert) . It made the v30 cab, which I really liked, sound bad in comparison.

Ok. I like the comparison cause I have been A/Bing the K100/V30 combo. How did the V30 sound bad? Harsh or too cutting?

• Members

Mesa stiletto 4x12 cab loaded with 'em. Best speaker Celestion makes IMHO for rock/metal. They aren't bassy, they can just handle and emphasize it better. They do smooth out the top end in that they eliminate the V30 upper mid/top harshness. {censored}ing great speakers. Highly recommended.

• Members

Awesome.

I asked dave if they have any in 16 ohm (they have 8 or 16 listed on their webpage) so I'm hoping to hear a yes on that one.

Well, I wanted 8 ohms, but whoever it was who took my order asked me what ohm speakers I wanted - so I guess they have 16s as well.

Archived