Krank Rev Jr. Pro

trendkill1168

• Members

I played a 50w one at lunch today. Definitely the worst amp I've played in a long time. After about 5 minutes I plugged into the 5150 sitting next to it and it was compartively like tonal heaven.

Weird...Mine sounds better than a 5150 easily. I know because my bandmate uses one and it sounds like ass butter!

I don't use much gain with mine either. That sweep knob will {censored} you up if you don't dial it in right.

• Members

Weird...Mine sounds better than a 5150 easily. I know because my bandmate uses one and it sounds like ass butter!

I don't use much gain with mine either. That sweep knob will {censored} you up if you don't dial it in right.

It might have been this particular amp. I actually like the Krank Rev 1 (with 6l6s)

• Members

ive come to believe that some people just dont like the voicing of kranks, but other people really love it.

:idk:

maybe some people just dont know how to dial them, or the amps are very guitar picky.

idk.

but i like em.

A friend of mine had the Rev, and side by side with my old H/K Switchblade and his 5150 I was trying to get from him, I would have no question gone with the HK or the PV. Was not a fan at all of the Krank.

However, when I played the Rev Jr, totally different. I actually really loved it. I didn't think it sounded so "krank." I would really not mind one of the 50 watters, it would be a blast to gig with. So much easier.

• Members

im really gonna be looking out for one of these 50 watt krankensteins.

the ideal tone me and my guitarist are going for for our band came out of a krankenstein, but we cant pay for one.

not enough dough.

but hopefully, this one will be much cheaper.

plus the portability is more then awesome.

Archived