Correct Bias is sweet!

zoomzilla

• Members

Ok, so I have been thinking my amp sounded cold. Well I was right. So yank the chassis out, check out the bias and it was set to 38. WTF? So run the calculations for the KT88 and determine it needs to be at 49. So I run the bias up to 49 and take it for a test drive. BIG improvement. I guess I need a clip huh. Too bad I have not played for a few months. Oh well, I am sure I will get bashed for my crappy playing, but I will try to get a clip out there for you.

• Members

Screw you Shawn!!! LOL.

No Bias rite. I am poor, so I cannot afford anything like that. Is it hard to do? Not if you learn from others mistakes! I can show you how to do it. But it depends on your setup. I have a single Bias adjustment screw, so I only needed a multimeter and a single bias probe. You can make one for around $12 or you can buy one from eurotubes for $25. I went the purchase method. So anyway, once I worked through some boneheaded mistakes, I was off and running. Had no problems after that. PM me if you need help. You can also check out the how to videos on the eurotubes site. The video for the JCM 800 was very helpful to me. Only due the fact that he used a weber and one of his probes side by side and the results were the same. So I know that you can do it without expensive equipment.

• Members
Screw you Shawn!!! LOL.

No Bias rite. I am poor, so I cannot afford anything like that. Is it hard to do? Not if you learn from others mistakes! I can show you how to do it. But it depends on your setup. I have a single Bias adjustment screw, so I only needed a multimeter and a single bias probe. You can make one for around $12 or you can buy one from eurotubes for $25. I went the purchase method. So anyway, once I worked through some boneheaded mistakes, I was off and running. Had no problems after that. PM me if you need help. You can also check out the how to videos on the eurotubes site. The video for the JCM 800 was very helpful to me. Only due the fact that he used a weber and one of his probes side by side and the results were the same. So I know that you can do it without expensive equipment.

When you called I was in the middle of going through some old boxes with the ol lady, I heard you say "200"..i thought you were putting the meter over 200 to read the settings..not that 200 was the setting you were using.:lol:

Archived