Old pics. of Megadeth show 86'

Inca Roads

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually think I saw Megadeth twice in the QC; but dont quote me. I went to so many shows abck in the day. I remember Flotsam at the Col Ballroom; Megadeth; Nirvana (ugh); there are more but my brain is kind of foggy. was Primus up there at one point? I know I saw them in IC during Pork Soda tour...Grim Reaper/Helloween...its a pretty long list once I think about it. good times

My band opened for Flotsam at the Col show you were at...1990.

• Members

wow. that was a lifetime ago. I remeber one of the guys wore a mask. I think it was your bassist. Joe Viane? I am good friends with Tim the guitarist for Gross Motor and I know Paul as well. They are all cool guys

I am in a band now with Paul and Joe lives about 8 houses from me! Also, the other guitarist in BL is Duncan from the Horde who play in IC all the time.

• Members

I am the one in the pic with bad 80's metal hair...oh wait...

Paul is a cool guy. What band are you guys in? The Horde is a very good band. they are the house band practically at Gabes.

We are just starting a 90's cover band for the $$$. Paul and I also did a Ramones trib band....Blitzkrieg Brats....link in my sig. I think I have a Butt Lynt tune on my myspace page....link in sig.

• Members

Hell yes! Thanks for the photos! That takes me back! I got to see that tour in Atlanta at the Metroplex then about a week later I saw Anthrax and Testament. Glad I got to see Poland with MD...he was always my fav lead guitarist for that band.

• Members

whats funny is i notice it's always the same group of people bashing him on here every chance they get..... or whining about him
:idea::lol:

cool pics man- i was in 8th grade back then and just discovered them lol....ah the good ole days. looks like they're using 800's and some rockman rack gear? lol

Well every time I hear him speak he makes me want to vomit...

He makes Bill Maher seem like Mr. Rogers.

• Members

Hell yes! Thanks for the photos! That takes me back! I got to see that tour in Atlanta at the Metroplex then about a week later I saw Anthrax and Testament. Glad I got to see Poland with MD...he was always my fav lead guitarist for that band.

No problem Gentlemen, my pleasure! :thu:

I am proud to say, I was at the forefront of

Thrash metal's inception. I saw all the great bands

(in small club settings) that went on to be Metal Gods, when I was a kid.

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Anthrax, Exodus etc...

I saw Anthrax (Among the living) backed up by Metal Church

at the same club in Boston...Good Times!

• Members

Awesome thread. I caught them for the first time in 1990 with Priest and shortly thereafter at Clash of the Titans where we booed Alice 'N Chains off stage because nobody knew (or cared) who they were and they weren't hard enough for our tastes.

• Members

we booed Alice 'N Chains off stage because nobody knew (or cared) who they were

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo! Not Chains, I got much love 4 them.

:lol: I gotta say, I saw Megadeth a year or so ago on the Heaven and Hell

tour and they "STILL" Killed it!! They were so tight, Dave still amazes

me how he can play this, off time, complicated rhythm and still sing the

song, spot on, he's great! I thought Glenn Drover was awesome too,

he nailed all the solo's including Friedman's.

• Members

Yeah, I was there as well....pretty sure it wasn't Flotsam there (I have only seen them once when a band I was in opened for them), I know KORN was there I think (Fieldy fell on my wife out in the crowd after they played and he was dicking around in the crowd). Couldn't tell you if there was another band on the bill at the moment, if there was I don't remember who it was. I have a couple of my tickets and the dates are 1993 and 1995. Probably the 93 show right?

I had the misery of seeing this lineup in '95 in Springfield or Decatur (a long time has gone by). I was, and still am, a huge Megadeth fan. Korn had just recently hit the scene but we weren't fans to say the least. The bagpipes and kilt one the first song was pretty cool. Flotsam was cool, but Megadeth took the show.

The misery came into the fact that they played in a crap town, to a crappier audience, in a crap room. The only thing that would have been worse was if they were to play down in Champaign at the Assembly Hall. They should have made the extra hour drive to Peoria and played the Civic Center.

Other than that....great pics to the OP!!

Brandon

Archived