rack fx through the loop of the 6505+

guitarbilly74

• Members

I have tried a few line level rack FX through the loop.. One was the SOnic Maximzer 482i and the other was a DBX 166xl(I was using the gate on it) And both seemed to work fine to me.. THe SOnic maximizer turned the sound to {censored}, so I know that was working and the Gate worked as I expected.. The only FX that really sounded like {censored} and altered the tone was the Digitech Digital Reverb and Delay pedals.. Im assuming it was their AD/DA convertors, since my Boss DD-3 doesnt effect the tone at all, just adds delay..:idk:

• Members
I have tried a few line level rack FX through the loop.. One was the SOnic Maximzer 482i and the other was a DBX 166xl(I was using the gate on it) And both seemed to work fine to me.. THe SOnic maximizer turned the sound to {censored}, so I know that was working and the Gate worked as I expected.. The only FX that really sounded like {censored} and altered the tone was the Digitech Digital Reverb and Delay pedals.. Im assuming it was their AD/DA convertors, since my Boss DD-3 doesnt effect the tone at all, just adds delay..
:idk:

thanks for the info, especially about the digitech effects since I was considering picking up their reverb pedal.

• Members

thanks for the info, especially about the digitech effects since I was considering picking up their reverb pedal.

Yeah, for some reason that Digitech Reverb really changed the tone.. Of course the Reverb itself sounded good, but the amps tone changed when it was engaged, and not for the good IMO... Defnitely seemed to scoop out some of the the lo-mids...

Archived