Themes for lyrics

RockRocket

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So you're saying black people should be happy that their ancestors were slaves, because if they hadn't been they'd still live in Africa? Wow....

Back to the topic of this forum - I think you should go ahead and put that theme to song, buddy. Go over great with this guy for sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsC0BCAwkb4&feature=related

i'm glad you finally got my point. white people are better than black people. i've been saying it the whole time. :facepalm:
i give up

• Members

I'm not going to argue with some troglodyte on the internet about what "about" means.

I dont want to argue about anything. I am just saying you cant write a song about a muffler and nothing but a muffler .

I am not telling you what you may do or are capable of.

Somebody said something about a jingle. They used to write catchy jingles for tv and radio . I guess thats the difference ,it would be a jingle at best, it wouldnt be a song. I wouldnt call it a song,maybe you would.

• Members

I dont want to argue about anything. I am just saying you cant write a song about a muffler and nothing but a muffler .

I am not telling you what you may do or are capable of.

Somebody said something about a jingle. They used to write catchy jingles for tv and radio . I guess thats the difference ,it would be a jingle at best, it wouldnt be a song. I wouldnt call it a song,maybe you would.

i think it would be catchy and funny.

if i heard a song on the radio about a muffler i'd say it was pretty darn funny that someone did such a thing. i don't think it would hit it big though because alot of people like songs about things that they care about. much like what you've been describing. so if you want to sell out and keep your material about feelings and emotion go ahead your odds of making it big are probably bigger. but i personaly would have more appreciation for someone who is willing to take that chance and break the norm.

• Members

"Dead Skunk"by Louden Wainwright III and "Cheeseburger in Paradise" by Jimmy Buffet are both hits that were solely about inanimate objects.

"The Chair" by George Strait, or, for that matter, "The Mercy Seat" by Nick Cave. How about "The Star Spangled Banner"?

Ive heard Cheeseburger on the radio . I never paid attention to it,cant imagine why.If it really is about nothing more than a cheeseburger then maybe thats why. Dead Skunk I think makes my point you cant write a song about an inantimate object. The chair is not about a chair ,its about a cowboy meeting a young lady . He starts off their relationship like all good cowboys do, with a lie. The 1st words from him to her was a lie. The national anthem is about a battle . You stupid mother {censored}er you.You still dont get it.

• Members

oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree...

I have to admit this is about as close anybodys come to proving me wrong. A xmas tree is an inatimate object BUT it is also a non -religious symbal of a beloved holiday which preys upon peoples emotions and memories so it works. It is not like a "song" I heard once about a can of peaches.

• Members

I have to admit this is about as close anybodys come to proving me wrong. A xmas tree is an inatimate object BUT it is also a non -religious symbal of a beloved holiday which preys upon peoples emotions and memories so it works. It is not like a "song" I heard once about a can of peaches.

if it's that song that says millions of peaches, peaches for me. that's about {censored}.

• Members

if it's that song that says millions of peaches, peaches for me. that's about {censored}.

one of my nephews had this album ,it had a song about a can of peaches . I heard the song once about 15 years ago so I dont know ,I think it was just about a can of peaches. I remember it at all because it was absurd.

• Members

I think you're saying you don't like songs about inanimate objects.

I think youve got it. I dont consider them songs . For me a song has to mean something. Take out the human factor,the emotion ,and write about an object and ,to me, it becomes pointless. I know music can NOT have a lot of emotion in it and still be profound and I like some of that. I seem to like really sad or happy or angry stuff best .

Archived