what do you think of this lead tone (quick video)

Alchemist

• Members

obviously quality isnt great because of youtube....

I was stuck inside all day with flu and fever, so I played around with different setups... right now I've got my F-30 running stereo with my Dr Z Z-28.... I think it helps sort out the lack of clarity of the mesa gain that I experience sometimes..... :idk:

dont mind the senseless playing, I usually play fusion, so it seems very random with no backing track lol

[YOUTUBE]cfkbxUxg7XM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Great playing, I can imagine how awesome it would sound in context! I think that sound would work great for fusion, although perhaps a little more drive just to give it more body and saturation.

thanks..... I'm getting the sound through my supersonic 4x12 and my recto 2x12.....both close back, both V-30's.... so I'm actually pushing a huge sound, but it seems the bigger the sound, the smaller it sounds on video as I think the camcorder has a limiter which makes it sound quieter :(

• Members
Fair enough. I know I've probably asked before, but are you in Toronto and do you have a band? I'd love to hear that sorta stuff live.

I'm in Ottawa and looking to start a band.... major holdback is finding a fusion drummer lol I used to play drums (though not accomplished enough to hang with a true jazz drummer).... I may have to just get another kit and find another guitar player :(

• Members

Oh lol, the lead tone was great but that lack of sustain doesn't make it hard to play? or was that the videos effect on the sound?

the sound is very dry so it is harder to play yes..... there is lots of sustain, but I have to hold it.... however my sound isnt saturated at all

Archived