Pedal Board Set up Question

Symmetry2170

• Members

Pretty soon I'll have enough pedals to necessitate chaining them on a board. What I want to do is run them through my FX loop but have them sit in front of the amp itself. Will I just need longer cables from the send and receive inputs?

Also, what is the best way to chain the pedals? I have/will have a boss tu-2 tuner, boss ns-2 noise suppressor, MXR carbon copy delay, and an MXR 10 band eq.

• Members

I don't have any first-hand experience with the NS-2, but you might also need to be aware that the TU-2 has a buffered bypass, which means that it may affect your tone when run in front of the amp (even when switched off) moreso than it might in the fx loop. Then again, I've found that buffer to be useful at times, rather than detrimental. YMMV, of course.

As far as I know, there wouldn't be anything "wrong" with running all those pedals in the loop. With the noise suppressor, your choice of placement might depend upon where most of your noise is coming from ~ the guitar or the amp's preamp, for example. But again, I'm just speculating there, not speaking from experience.

Chris

• Members

I don't have any first-hand experience with the NS-2, but you might also need to be aware that the TU-2 has a buffered bypass, which means that it may affect your tone when run in front of the amp (even when switched off) moreso than it might in the fx loop. Then again, I've found that buffer to be useful at times, rather than detrimental. YMMV, of course.

As far as I know, there wouldn't be anything "wrong" with running all those pedals in the loop. With the noise suppressor, your choice of placement might depend upon where most of your noise is coming from ~ the guitar or the amp's preamp, for example. But again, I'm just speculating there, not speaking from experience.

Chris

I'll take that into consideration as well.

I'll probably run the NS-2 at the end, so everything else is pushed through it before being sent back into the amp.

Archived