custom and DIY cabs, post them!

pissdrunx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That one is really nice. Did you copy an Emperor 2x12 straight up, or did you alter dimensions at all?

I need to get myself a picket screw jig. I really like that style joinery for cabs.

-chris

its actually based more off of an avatar contemporary 212, size wise (mine is 31x23somethingx15), but i was going for an emperor mixed with an orange look...i think i got close enough. the pocket screw jigs...essential. im convinced theyre the best things ever created.

• Members

I`m aware that it`s just cosmetic more or less, and that the baffle is attached to the inner frame, I just like the way it looks.

You got me all pumped up, and I can`t wait for me to star building one, but it might be a while, theres just not much free time, and all my tools are at my parents house which means weekends only.

oh hell yeah! it's not horribly difficult at all-- just measure, cut, and assemble. i used to build them for a local hifi company dealing in vintage gear-- so it's fun to refine and tweak, try different things, and see what works the best! just take yer time and do yer best.. you may end up building a couple in the end!

holler if you need a hand-- clearly, there's a bunch of good folks to lean on for support around here!

• Members

i totally just turned that into my desktop... awesome.. a '66...

I always enjoyed workin on the ol f100s when they came into my shop but my favorite truck I got to work on was my buddy ed's 40 ford stepside, if you goto alot of car shows u prob seen it, he does competes in a ton of shows in the NE and its a truck youd remember ;lol:

Archived