Is there a difference between the TAD and Ruby EL34B-STR?

zeusecho

• Members

So after one the 3 month old KT77s took a shit, I put in a set of TAD EL34B-STRs (robbed from teh Switchblade :facepalm:).

Anyway I'm really, really liking these tubes in the DSL, so much so that I may not go back to the KT77s.

Is there any difference between the TAD and Ruby EL34B-STR besides the brand? Are they made in the same factory to same specs?

• Members

So after one the 3 month old KT77s took a shit, I put in a set of TAD EL34B-STRs (robbed from teh Switchblade
:facepalm:
).

Anyway I'm really, really liking these tubes in the DSL, so much so that I may not go back to the KT77s.

Is there any difference between the TAD and Ruby EL34B-STR besides the brand? Are they made in the same factory to same specs?

I think they're not made in the same factory, but I could be wrong :idk:

• Members

So after one the 3 month old KT77s took a shit, I put in a set of TAD EL34B-STRs (robbed from teh Switchblade
:facepalm:
).

Don't know but I would get the Ruby's.

• Members

Thanks phatgirl...in my book, anyone with a Silverburst LPC can't be wrong!
:thu:

I think the Ruby's and the Tung Sols are just as good in the DSL as the KT-77's. I've had them all in it. The Ruby's are priced the lowest, another plus.:thu:

I don't know why I quoted that post. My bad.

• Members

afaik, the TAD and Ruby are both from the same factory in Shuguang. I know they are both Chinese, and Ruby definitely re-brands. I have a set of Ruby Winged =C= EL34, and you can still see the SED lettering very faintly.

This is what I was thinking.

• Members

Yo Solar how goes it bro?

Its good man. I miss my DSL cause FJA's got it do'n his thang. Soon it should be home with a bigger set of balls.:lol:

I was thinking the Ruby's version and the TAD's would be the same but I didn't know for sure. It can be confusing some times with the rebrands.

Too bad about the KT-77's failing. I hear they are hit and miss. They do sound good both clean and gained out.

Anyways hope things are good with you...good to see you're still in the brotherhood!;)

:rawk:

• Members

TAD is a relabler based in Europe. Ruby is a relabler based in the US. The tube is identical made in the same factory (Shuguang, China) by Sino. The question is ..... who does a better job testing the tubes Ruby or TAD. I don't know, but Ruby seems to do well by me.

• Members

TAD is a relabler based in Europe. Ruby is a relabler based in the US. The tube is identical made in the same factory (Shuguang, China) by Sino. The question is ..... who does a better job testing the tubes Ruby or TAD. I don't know, but Ruby seems to do well by me.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

• Members

They were even the same company some years ago - until the german part split up from Ruby and calls itself TubeAmpDoctor now. Same sources, same methods, . . . .

• Members

Thanks phatgirl...in my book, anyone with a Silverburst LPC can't be wrong!
:thu:

What this old thing...

IMG_2054.jpg

Ha!

I have not tried the TAD el34's but I have tried their 6L6WGB's and I had problems with shorts pretty quick. I was not all that impressed with the tone either. I like the Ruby KT88's that I have in my Nitro and I liked the EL34B's when I tried them also. I originally had JJ Kt77's in my first Nitro and I definitely preferred the Ruby's.

• Members

They were even the same company some years ago - until the german part split up from Ruby and calls itself TubeAmpDoctor now. Same sources, same methods, . . . .

Yeah it seems like all brands vary to some extent.

BTW...how is Schr

• Members

What this old thing...

IMG_2054.jpg

Ha!

I have not tried the TAD el34's but I have tried their 6L6WGB's and I had problems with shorts pretty quick. I was not all that impressed with the tone either. I like the Ruby KT88's that I have in my Nitro and I liked the EL34B's when I tried them also. I originally had JJ Kt77's in my first Nitro and I definitely preferred the Ruby's.

Damn phatgirl don't be such a showoff and rub it in!!! :thu:

Here's my baby...I'm half way there. But acutally if I ever get the funds for another I'll be torn between the Silverburst and Goldtop.

Archived