Little Sucker Attenuator

Izzykas

• Members

Link? I'm guessing this is one of those "attenuators" that goes in the FX loop of the amp? If so, it will attenuate the signal, just not in the right place. For proper attenuation, it has to go between the amp and speakers. Otherwise you're just lowering the level of the signal coming from the preamp before it hits the power tubes, with the result that the power tubes aren't working any harder than if you just had the master volume set low.

• Members

Link? I'm guessing this is one of those "attenuators" that goes in the FX loop of the amp? If so, it will attenuate the signal, just not in the right place. For proper attenuation, it has to go between the amp and speakers. Otherwise you're just lowering the level of the signal coming from the preamp before it hits the power tubes, with the result that the power tubes aren't working any harder than if you just had the master volume set low.

No you are thinking of "The Suck Knob", this thing, from what I just googled, is an actual attenuator.

• Members

No you are thinking of "The Suck Knob", this thing, from what I just googled, is an actual attenuator.

I figured at that price it was just going to be another one of those things. But I just looked it up on Ebay, and it does claim to be a proper attenuator for between the amp and cab. How good it is... I have no idea. :idk:

Archived