Ceriatone HRM ('90s Dumble clone) incoming - must I now play poser blues?

rog951

• Members

Me too man, I'm completely baffled by the options. There are a few original OTS youtube videos that blow me away, and one or two vids of the "S&M Special" version that are my absolute favorites. I emailed Nik, planning to go for the S&M but after chatting back and forth a little, the HRM "seems" like it'd do what I want better. Unfortunately, none of the HRM vids I found have impressed me as much as those S&M Special vids. The HRM seems brighter and fizzier in almost all the vids to my ears. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it'll do what I want!!!

• Members
Me too man, I'm completely baffled by the options. There are a few original OTS youtube videos that blow me away, and one or two vids of the "S&M Special" version that are my absolute favorites. I emailed Nik, planning to go for the S&M but after chatting back and forth a little, the HRM "seems" like it'd do what I want better. Unfortunately, none of the HRM vids I found have impressed me as much as those S&M Special vids. The HRM seems brighter and fizzier in almost all the vids to my ears. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it'll do what I want!!!

I'm crossing mine for your sake! I also cannot tell what the major differences are by those youtube videos. Marinblues is cool but his style is a bit... well, argyle for me :D Please do let us know the results when you get it. I'm also leaning towards the HRM but I cannot make up my mind :confused:

• Members
While were talking ceriatone, has anyone tried out the hiwatt clones?

I'd love to get a look at the innards to see how the wiring compares to the old '70s "mil-spec" Harry Joyce designs. I think the name Nik chose is {censored}ing hilarious! :lol:

• Members
I'm crossing mine for your sake! I also cannot tell what the major differences are by those youtube videos. Marinblues is cool but his style is a bit... well, argyle for me
:D
Please do let us know the results when you get it. I'm also leaning towards the HRM but I cannot make up my mind
:confused:

I'm really hoping that the brightness I'm hearing is just the settings those guys chose, and Nik pretty much told me as much. Seems like marinblues and some of the other youtubers are chasing particular '90s Robben Ford HRM tones (or insert other jazzy/fusiony player's name) and I just don't happen to care for those particular tones as much as the earlier, darker Dumble tone. {censored}, if I want it darker and the amp won't get there, I'll just roll down the ol' tone knob! :lol:

Anyway, I'll definitely post back and letcha know how it works out.

• Members
:idk:

I'm hoping I will still be allowed to rawk a little, but from looking at all the youtube clips, I'm not sure.
:facepalm:
What say ye wise gentlemen?

:wave:

You must post up youtube clips of you playing out of tune, blues box riffs.:cop:

• Members
You must post up youtube clips of you playing out of tune, blues box riffs.
:cop:

Those are the only kinda riffs I know! :facepalm:

I figure I'll put up a vid of the intro to Back in Black or something similarly low-brow.

Archived