SoundClick help.

Marko

• Members

Don't get the VIP membership trying to fix this. That buys you no banner ads on your page and the ability to host higher quality (higher bitrate) media files.

I can't check on it right now but if you put your soundlick URL up here, I'll see what I find in an hour or so, hopefully.

If they're set up to allow visitor downloads, what happens if you DL them? Are they truncated?

Just off the top of my head, since I'm not in position to do anything but conjecture at this instant -- the plebe (free) version only allows up to a 10 MB file.

It used to be that you had to upload a 128 kbps mp3 file (no more no less) but now you can upload higher quality files and their system will dumb them down to 128 kbps for the free member pages. (As noted, paying members can upload bigger files [up to 40 MB I think] and their files get to stay high quality [high bitrate].)

Is it possible you uploaded higher quality (and consequently bigger) files and they were truncated at 10 MB? (A 128kbps file is roughly 1 MB/minute... if you uploaded something like ~ 256 kbps it might cut off about there -- if, indeed, it's set to truncate but pass what's left on up. Which is not how it used to be but I haven't posted anything new in a while and I notice things have changed.)

PS... three songs and they're all 4:21+ epics?!? Brevity is the soul of songwriting art, man! :D

• Members

B2B thanks so much for the response.

Don't get the VIP membership trying to fix this. That buys you no banner ads on your page and the ability to host higher quality (higher bitrate) media files.

I can't check on it right now but if you put your soundlick URL up here, I'll see what I find in an hour or so, hopefully.

If they're set up to allow visitor downloads, what happens if you DL them? Are they truncated?

I don

• Members

Heh. Bandmates. Can't live with them; can't eat them for dinner.

Try the lower quality/lower bitrate. Keep the size under 10 MB and see what happens.

Truncate, in this regard, it means to cut short, iow, chop off the end of a file or a stream. Here's the actual dictionary definition.

The reason I think this is the issue is because they were all cut off at 4'22". That makes me think the upload robot may truncate everthing at the 10MB mark, so, assuming they're all the same bitrate, they all end up with the same length.

Archived