Vince Wharton's live vocals

Brain Becker

• Members

I was laying in bed because I'm sick today and I almost fell asleep during That Metal Show. Motley Crue: Crue Fest comes on and Vince's vocals are so bad that it actually wakes me up. Almost like hearing a car wreck. I've seen the videos where he was drunk and couldn't keep up, but I never knew he was this bad during a regular show. The sad thing is that the people there are eating it up. I was never a Crue fan (or 80's butt rock fan for that matter) so I don't know much about his live performances. Is it always this bad?

• Members

hes terrible live, but he sounds great on tape and he did have a great ass back in the 80's, cut him some slack people.

I think the drums and guitar/songwriting were what got them where they were. Vince could have been anyone.

• Members

I think the drums and guitar/songwriting were what got them where they were. Vince could have been anyone.

i disagree, i think his vocals were awesome on the first few albums. On tape that is, he has always sucked live. His vocals plus the catchy riffs plus the whole look was just really cool at the time. For motley crue, i would choose vince over freddie mercury, doesnt mean i dont think freddie was an infintly better vocalist than vince because he was, but i just couldnt ever picture hearing looks that kill with any other voice lol.

Archived