Happy NAD to me!!!!!

Ironhandjohn

• Members

Mrs. Ironhand and I went to the Nashville GC this afternoon to look around at amps to replace my busted X-100B. The place was quieter than usual, with no 14 year old kids blasting away on Line 6 Spider III's. After giving the place a quick once-over I spotted a Mesa/Boogie combo I'd never heard of in the corner.

It's a Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+ w/ 5-band EQ(just like my Carvin head, but different Mhz range..). No footswitch, but the amp is in very good shape. 5 12AX7's, 2 EL-84's. Stock Mesa Vintage Black Shadow 12" speaker.

I know {censored} about Boogies... Was $500 a good deal or not? I bought it because as much as I like my half-stack, I really wanted a tube combo that was more portable. 22 watts seems like enough power. The amp sounds good, but like my X-100B, doesn't have a ton of character when played clean. ' Transparent' would be a good description, as the Strat I played thru it sang and chimed like a Strat should, with little coloring from the amp. I didn't turn it up very loudly, and I think the 2nd channel is only reachable by using the (not-provided)footswitch.

Any info y'all have about my amp would be much appreciated. Will Mesa/Boogie be able to date this amp if I call them next week? I'm curious to know when it was made.

A funny, but :facepalm::facepalm: moment.....

I pulled one of the 12AX7's out of the Mesa and tried it out in different places in my dead Carvin. The tube in V1 was dead, and now I have 2 amps!! Soon my 17 year old son and I will be rattling dishes from not 1, but 2, tube-driven amps!!!:rawk:

Since I have to post pics to get the boobies, here 'ya go..

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

^^^^^ Obviously not the amp.... Mrs. Ironhand says that if there be boobies in this thread, then hers should be first, damn it........:love:;)

• Members

Happy new amp and double posted thread day.

Oh, why the hell did you post your wife's tits?

That's just odd and asking for trouble.

Once upon a time here on HC, when someone started a 'Happy NAD/NGD/etc...' thread, instead of other posters crapping in said thread, fellow HC'ers would post pics/gif's of boobies....

Got something against amps, or boobies????:mad::mad:

• Members

Once upon a time here on HC, when someone started a 'Happy NAD/NGD/etc...' thread, instead of other posters crapping in said thread, fellow HC'ers would post pics/gif's of boobies....

Got something against amps, or boobies????
:mad:
:mad:

Yeah, both. I play strictly acoustic, and uh, hit for the other team.

:wave:

• Members

Your poast was absolute fail... you cant be moar fail, than rejecting win. :poke:

How was my post fail? Because I said that posting your wife's tits on an internet forum for the whole internet to see is weird?

If that's fail, then so be it.

• Members

How was my post fail? Because I said that posting your wife's tits on an internet forum for the whole internet to see is weird?

If that's fail, then so be it.

IDK, pretty harmless I think and I am guessing that she approved so all is cool?

• Members

IDK, pretty harmless I think and I am guessing that she approved so all is cool?

Yup, she's cool with it. I'm kinda' upset that hers are the only ones in this thread so far... What happened here? I'm all happy about my new amp, I post some nice pics, and it turns into a pissing contest about neither my amp, or the 'rack-mount' stuff(I'm keeping that one, BTW..)..

Soooo................

Back to the amp for a 'sec....

Can anyone tell me how and where to 'jump' the leads in order to get both channels? Does anyone have an extra footwitch laying around that needs a good home???

• Members

Besides the obvious "Hey look at my wife's tits OMGZORZ" and the plea for attention that entails, harmless.

I'm just confused why you would post something like that for strangers, but hey, whatever gets ya off I guess.

Archived