Gifts For Songwriters

Stackabones

• Members

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? Pics, links, etc.

While I don't use music stands at shows (or even mic stands lately), I could always change!

Here's both (pic'n'link).

504965.jpg

http://www.k-m.de/SHEET-MUSIC-AND-DOCUMENT-HOLDER.3+M5575186d94d.0.html

I stumbled across it while looking for just a mic stand, and it was the only one in the shop.

• Members

can anyone explain??
:freak:

With your right hand hit the tuning fork against a stand or something solid. Touch the non-fork end of it to your guitar's bridge (your guitar will sound the A inside the sound box if acoustic).

With the fork still vibrating on the bridge, use your left hand to pluck the A string (I usually do this around somewhere in the first three frets -- kinda like a pull-off to an open string), and then tune the A string to match the tuning fork.

You could also hit a 12th fret harmonic on the A string, then strike the tuning fork and touch it the bridge.

You'll tune the rest of the strings via the matching pitches method or harmonics or open strings etc.

• Members

With your right hand hit the tuning fork against a stand or something solid. Touch the non-fork end of it to your guitar's bridge (your guitar will sound the A inside the sound box if acoustic).

With the fork still vibrating on the bridge, use your left hand to pluck the A string (I usually do this around somewhere in the first three frets -- kinda like a pull-off to an open string), and then tune the A string to match the tuning fork.

You could also hit a 12th fret harmonic on the A string, then strike the tuning fork and touch it the bridge.

You'll tune the rest of the strings via the matching pitches method or harmonics or open strings etc.

so the reason you touch it to the bridge is "amplification" or to just otherwise make the fork easier to hear?

• Members

so the reason you touch it to the bridge is "amplification" or to just otherwise make the fork easier to hear?

Yes. You could touch it to your nose, or just behind your ear, or on your elbow, so that the vibrations can be heard inside your head. It's just a bit easier to use the bridge when tuning the guitar. :p

Archived