Drop A# and 25" scale? What size strings?

code_blue

• Members

wait ...are u saying u have a 28" scale guitar with a low Ab with a 74 guage string and its loose?
:confused:

It's not loose but the tension is normal. People act like that would be rediculously tight or something. It's not. That's why I posted the video to show it since so many people seem to be confused about this.

• Members

It's not loose but the tension is normal. People act like that would be rediculously tight or something. It's not. That's why I posted the video to show it since so many people seem to be confused about this.

I dunno dude something seems funk with your setup to me.

I play an EC1000 which is 24.75"scale, with a low Gb and I'm using a 70ga string :freak:

its not floppy at all :idk:

• Members

I dunno dude something seems funk with your setup to me.

I play an EC1000 which is 24.75"scale, with a low Gb and I'm using a 70ga string
:freak:

its not floppy at all
:idk:

:lol: Nothing is wrong with my setup. Now Gb on your guitar... i bet the intonation is focked :cop:

• Members

:lol:it's not as good as it would be if they or you were using baritones.

I don't like stupid long necks :idk:

I think I could play one no prob but it would look stupid on me because I'm not that big size wise, and large guitars look retarted on me. Plus I move around ALOT and that scale length would probably only make stretches harder for me:idk:

I think eventually I might look into a sc607B or a kxk, but being honest i think 27"scale might even be too long for me to physically be comfortable playing and the sc607 will probably look retarted on me too:facepalm:

fml...and {censored} surgeries :(

• Members

I don't like stupid long necks
:idk:

I think I could play one no prob but it would look stupid on me because I'm not that big size wise, and large guitars look retarted on me. Plus I move around ALOT and that scale length would probably only make stretches harder for me:idk:

I think eventually I might look into a sc607B or a kxk, but being honest i think 27"scale might even be too long for me to physically be comfortable playing and the sc607 will probably look retarted on me too:facepalm:

fml...and {censored} surgeries
:(

My baritone is actually about a half an inch shorter than my EC1000. The guitar isn't any bigger, the bridge is just further down the body. Look at the one on the left vs. the one on the right.

family.jpg

• Members

its all relative but most people on sevenstring.org tune to f# with a .74 on a 28.625 scale on their agile intrepids, Ab might be a little tight but I guess if you are using a strong pick, speed should not be a factor :thu:

• Members

its all relative but most people on sevenstring.org tune to f# with a .74 on a 28.625 scale on their agile intrepids, Ab might be a little tight but I guess if you are using a strong pick, speed should not be a factor
:thu:

Yeah it's right at the point where it's loose enough to work with and tight enough that it's not flopping out of tune like crazy. I play pretty hard most of the time.:)

• Members

My baritone is actually about a half an inch shorter than my EC1000. The guitar isn't any bigger, the bridge is just further down the body. Look at the one on the left vs. the one on the right.

family.jpg

but your stretches from say the 1st to 4th fret with your pinky is gonna be like leaps and bounds longer on the baritone.

just play a 7 and youll keep intonation, and the guitar will still be tuned properly. ive wanted to get a 1077XL, but the 27" just scares me. the guitar looks gorgeous, and would hate to be bothered by huge stretches with my little hands.

• Members

but your stretches from say the 1st to 4th fret with your pinky is gonna be like leaps and bounds longer on the baritone.

just play a 7 and youll keep intonation, and the guitar will still be tuned properly. ive wanted to get a 1077XL, but the 27" just scares me. the guitar looks gorgeous, and would hate to be bothered by huge stretches with my little hands.

Eh... I don't like 7 strings. Hate the feel of the necks. My stretch has always been good. Took this about 5 years ago during a similar discussion.

stretch.jpg

On a regular guitar my biggest usable on the fly stretch is about 2nd-7th. I have big hands though. :p

Archived