Just finished up a new original

zepprocker

• Members

So basically I did this song a while back as just an improv guitar/singing/harmonica. I went back and cleaned up the lyrics and added a whole bunch. I don't really know how to properly play bass but I think that it still sounds good.

tell me what ya think!

share?songid=8715863

• Members

So basically I did this song a while back as just an improv guitar/singing/harmonica. I went back and cleaned up the lyrics and added a whole bunch. I don't really know how to properly play bass but I think that it still sounds good.

tell me what ya think!

share?songid=8715863

Funny part is, I think the bass is the stand out instrument in this tune. I also love the harp.

My advice.... chill the madolin (is it a mandolin?) out. Let it provide space. For instance, it sounds great in the middle/the end, but in the beginning there's something clashing with the guitar, and to my ears, it just sounds off. Also, I'd suggest easing up a bit on the reverb on vocals.

Overall, good stuff though.:thu:

• Members

Funny part is, I think the bass is the stand out instrument in this tune. I also love the harp.

My advice.... chill the madolin (is it a mandolin?) out. Let it provide space. For instance, it sounds great in the middle/the end, but in the beginning there's something clashing with the guitar, and to my ears, it just sounds off. Also, I'd suggest easing up a bit on the reverb on vocals.

Overall, good stuff though.
:thu:

thanks for the suggestions :thu: yeah its a mandolin I added it in at the last minute.

• Moderators

You have a cool sounding voice. But you're disguising it. I wouldn't.

Take the effect and double way down. Or off. Dry would sound great too. For a voice like yours, I'd hit the vocal with a limiter hard and make that your effect. Maybe even some mild tape saturation plugin like Massey's.

• Members

You have a cool sounding voice. But you're disguising it. I wouldn't.

Take the effect and double way down. Or off. Dry would sound great too. For a voice like yours, I'd hit the vocal with a limiter hard and make that your effect. Maybe even some mild tape saturation plugin like Massey's.

thanks for the advice. I took voice lessons august - december and couldn't really sing before that so I'm still learning about what sounds good. My voice teacher would ALWAYS double the vocals on every track we did. I'll play around with everything.

• Moderators

Nothing wrong with doubling. It's cool. But you have a pretty open and free sense of phrasing. I mean that. It's cool. Doubled, it's cool too and I've heard that style, but it gets old quick. You can hear the two performances and as I say, it can be cool but it comes off a bit gimicky...

...I'd stick out in the sun for the world to see. That's just me though.

Archived