Uberschall with greenies and G12H30s???

C-Dawg

• Members

Has anyone here tried their Uberschall with Celestion G12Ms or G12H30s and if so, how did it sound? I'm considering a cab with this combo of speakers, but I can't try it first :mad:. I was thinking this combo would work well, but I'm not sure how the lows on the Uber would work with the [what has been called] farty lows of the G12H30s. Any input on this would be appreciated. I can get a pretty good deal on this, which is why I am wondering how this would work out. Thanks for the help.

• Members

Of the two I could see the H30s working way better than the Greenbacks. If you've heard the H30 has a mushy low end I wouldn't trust them the low end if NOT boomy that's for sure.

For what it's worth I know Jerry Cantrell used a Shiva with a greenback loaded cab and that sounded awesome to me.

• Members

Of the two I could see the H30s working way better than the Greenbacks. If you've heard the H30 has a mushy low end I wouldn't trust them the low end if NOT boomy that's for sure.

For what it's worth I know Jerry Cantrell used a Shiva with a greenback loaded cab and that sounded awesome to me.

Jerry is really loving his new fish re-issue and uberschall right now,SO much that he probably wont even be using his old rig anymore, I wonder what speakers he is using with his uber ?

• Members

farty lows of the G12H30s. Any input on this would be appreciated. I can get a pretty good deal on this, which is why I am wondering how this would work out. Thanks for the help.

I've found no combination of speakers/cabs works as good as an Uberkab with the Bogner X in it......just doesn't sound the same (to me at least). Our producer tried making me track it through a vintage marshall cab with greenbacks one session and we were all like......"UHhhhhhh, no."

• Members

Exactly! The last few threads about the H30, people always say they are mush, undefined, boomy blablablabl.. They clearly have never used the speaker.. Of the 2, The Greenback would fart our way BEFORE an h30 would.. In fact I have never had my H30 fart out.. At low volumes it may be a little loose sounding, but with some volume they bring the crunch with a good low end and extended and very clear high end.. Its my favorite speaker.. All this mushy, undefined lowend B.S should be put to rest, because it is not that type of speaker..

• Members

Awesome, thanks for the input guys! I decided not to get the cab (it woulda been a trade). Instead, I'm gonna try to sell off some stuff (when I get time, i've been doing 12 hour days plus working out for a few weeks). I'd like to buy a certain someones uberschall cab but I'd have to sell off all my good boost pedals for it.

Archived