MARSHALL DSL VS BLACKSTAR HT-5 20 seconds comparison CLIP

rockappalla

• Members

Uncannily similar sounding.

Well, the fact that it was recorded with the same mics, same mic preamps, and in the same room will give them a distinctly similar sound.

But yeah it was cool :cool: I wanna hear that comparison in real life :rawk:

• Members

Rockappalla, I know you record with a Behringer LDC, but don't you have a homemade iso cab that you use? How close is the condenser to the speaker? Your clips always have a consistent sound but my biggest issue trying to use condensers on guitar cabs is that its so inconsistent, with the sound changing so much with every little shift in placement, at least to my ears. And if you have it really close to a loud speaker, I'm surprised its not distorting or anything!

You must reveal your secrets. :mad:

• Members

Just one short riff double tracked...first four bars is the DSL and the other four are the blackstar HT-5. Both amps boosted with a bad monkey woth the same settings.

CLIP HERE
:cop:

I was thinking of picking up a Dano TOD, especially when a friend brought over his and we gave it a workout on my HT-5(clean channel only). Then next time will try it on the OD channel of the Blackstar. Have you used the TOD? If so how does it compared with the Bad monkey?

Thanks for the clip.

Archived