Back again

Stackabones

• Members

:wave:

We moved heaven and earth just to get you back in the fold, Stack! :D

[Or, actually, Craig Anderton, management, HC's small IT team, and HC2.x developers, Jive Software, themselves, who, I'm sure, are determined to somehow get the customer happy again.]

• Members

I'm not sure how long I'm sticking around HC. While Beta was a nightmare, this old site is now taking far too long (up to three-four minutes at times) to load a page. I'll click and then it will go into blue limbo. Go surf on about fifteen other forums across the web and then post something here.

Yeah, I'm not into this at all. :mad:

It feels like the Jive folks have sabotaged HC 1.0 as well. Not sure I'll be around too much while the experts fix everything. I've grown weary of this nonsense.

• Members

Stop, you're killing me.

:D

Stack, hang in there buddy. Not sure why you were having difficulties but it wouldn't surprise me if it took a while to get things shaken in. They had more or less decommissioned this board. When I first got back on it, before the public announcement, the smiles were all missing in action -- although everything else seemed to work.

I felt a little like Vincent Price in Last Man on Earth walking around the empty halls. There weren't even any mods. (It was late night/early a.m. in Cali.)

I'm determined not to beg (although I'm sure, somewhere, there's a smilie for that) but we can really use you here. ;)

• Members

I couldn't possibly understand the Prez's message about the forums -- it was written in some kind of placating corporate code. Do we vote on which forum we want to use? Or do we have to send in box tops or something? When will the march all the HC 1.0 users off to the ovens?

We're not supposed to be checking in on the still-birth forum, are we?

• Members

I couldn't possibly understand the Prez's message about the forums -- it was written in some kind of placating corporate code. Do we vote on which forum we want to use? Or do we have to send in box tops or something? When will the march all the HC 1.0 users off to the ovens?

We're not supposed to be checking in on the still-birth forum, are we?

No. You can use the new forums if you like. I'll be keeping an eye on both but I don't imagine there's gonna be much traffic there. I know Craig Anderton has asked his forum regulars to use the new one for his forum, but he said it's OK if they want to use the old one.

There are some good things about the new forum but I, personally, much prefer this one.

They still plan on trying to move the forums to a new, improved codebase, but once they'd really tried using it and saw the reaction of the regulars [i made a post this a.m. and the list of 'commonly used tags' was blanching -- the only one that stands out in memory was 'craptastic' but that was one of the more complimentary] I believe they got the message about the current HC2.0 msg boards. And then, the fact that the reviews were totally messed up was key to them, since that's a big draw, I guess, and the new functionalities (vids, etc) there were a big draw. But when the review sectoin didn't work at all and the user base all but stopped showing up for the message boards, I think the realization hit that it really was time to head back to the drawing board once again.

They promise they won't switch out the message boards again unless they are positive the new boards will be as good or better in every significant way. Yes, that does sound a lot like what they said before, but I just think they really didn't see the real picture of how messed up HC2.0 was -- I think they just kept looking at those putatively pretty pastel screens thinking... ah, finally, our drapes and carpet match.

• Members

Wasn't there an earlier post from Anderton or some whiz kid saying that going back to HC1.0 was impossible, never gonna happen, it's too broken? Really?

I don't think the HC/GC/MF/{censored}suits/jiveholes really understand the level of animosity they've generated by treating this community the way they have.

Archived