When the hell are we gonna have a Michigan Amp Fest?

diehard82

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word up, Sixtonoize.

Amps:

Mesa F-50

Randall RG100SC

Cabs:

8 Ohm Avatar 4x12 w / Vintage 30 speakers

16 Ohm Sovtek 2x12 w / Eminence 12ls16 speakers

Guitars:

Yamaha SBG700S

Yamaha SG700S

Gibson Faded Natural SG

Peavey Generation EXP

Taylor GS4E acoustic / electric

Misc:

Digitech RP2000

Digitech Bad Monkey

BBE Orange Squeeze

Boss GEB-7 Bass EQ

Korg CA-30 ;)

• Members

I just remembered - there's a place just down the street from me that we can rent for like $100 for the day.

It's an old church, and it's in a residential neighborhood, but they rent it out for shows, so I don't think an amp fest would be a problem.

It's not really very centrally located, though - I'm in SWMI, 49083, to be exact, so I'm about 2 hours from Detroit and an hour or so from Lansing.

If there's interest, I could check on the specifics.

• Members

I just remembered - there's a place just down the street from me that we can rent for like $100 for the day.

It's an old church, and it's in a residential neighborhood, but they rent it out for shows, so I don't think an amp fest would be a problem.

It's not really very centrally located, though - I'm in SWMI, 49083, to be exact, so I'm about 2 hours from Detroit and an hour or so from Lansing.

If there's interest, I could check on the specifics.

hmm... yeah that's about an hour and a half from Grand Haven, an hour from Grand Rapids. I mean, it's not in the most central location, but i seem to recall the majority of the HCAF Michiganders being from the southern half of the lower peninsula. So that'd work for me, i'd chip in some dough for the rental as well.

Do they have a fridge for some beer? a spot outside for a grill? or are dead animals and malted hops the devils work?

• Members

I'm not sure about booze - the last time I played there it was prohibited, but I was also 17 at the time. I'm sure that we can set up a grill in the parking lot, but probably not right next to the building. Like I said - if the location seems decent, I can get specifics on the details.

• Members

I'd be down for a meet-up. I am north of ya'll. 25 miles East of Gaylord on M-32. I'd even host if everyone wanted to make a camping weekend out of it!! Just bring yer bug spray. No, not for the bugs.... for da ladies!

Amps:

Laney LH50II

Mesa Mark III

Traynor YCS100H

Marshall 3203 Artist

Kustom '72 Coupe Hardtop

USA Crate Palomino V32

Gallien Krueger ML250

• Members

It does - man...it gives that amp a {censored}LOAD of gain and opens up the tonal options a lot.

Very cool feature. IMO, there should be more amps with the *option* of clipping diodes. I've got 2 (The Randall and my VTM), and I like the diodes, but it's also good to be able to turn them off.

• Members

It does - man...it gives that amp a {censored}LOAD of gain and opens up the tonal options a lot.

Very cool feature. IMO, there should be more amps with the *option* of clipping diodes. I've got 2 (The Randall and my VTM), and I like the diodes, but it's also good to be able to turn them off.

That's great! Imagine my surprise at the age of 19 discovering that feature by accident. :eek:

It was the first real amp I purchased after getting out of high school. Bought a complete half-stack in the Orlando area in 1986 after joining the Navy. Had it for many years. Probably my favorite solid state amp of all time. Mine had the cheesy carpeting on it.

Nice score!

• Members

I'm in Hartland... halfway between Ann Arbor and Flint on US23. I may not have much to offer, but I thought it'd be a great time.

Amps:

79 Fender Twin Reverb

Marshall Lead 12

I'm game for anywhere south of the thumb. I'll look into some things around here.

I don't think a bunch of strangers should be boozing up together. We're all an aggressive bunch here. But I'm totally game for grillin'.

• Members

man, don't we have anyone in this state with a THD univalve, a Laney VH100R, a mesa stiletto, or another of these amps i want to play but can't find in a shop?

RIT West ove on Plainfield in Grand Rapids has a couple. They have the deuce head, and ace combo. Go there and talk to Phil. It's the only place I do biz with.

• Members

Why don't we see if Motor City would sponsor some type of event. I bet they'll do anything to get a large group of people familiar with high end amps in their doors. Plus they have pretty much whatever we'd need to fill in any gaps gear wise.

• Members

RIT West ove on Plainfield in Grand Rapids has a couple. They have the deuce head, and ace combo. Go there and talk to Phil. It's the only place I do biz with.

oooh..... i'll hafta do that sometime this week maybe.

Archived