Picking up radio... halp!

peehoo

• Members

So I just noticed that my rack setup is picking up radio. It's simple, just preamp and poweramp. And it's only when it's kinda loud and I have my wah on and all the way down (or is it up - where only hi comes trough).

I don't know how long this is going on since I rarely use a wah. So I'm wondering what could be the reason and also if I run any risks of damaging something if I continue to use it. Because it's ok without a wah and this fuzz I had running up front...

This is not a great time for me to spend money so I was wondering if it's a issue which needs to be fixed now or can it wait...

• Members

Make sure all your cable connections are solid and that you don't have flakey cables. Go through each cable connection and pull it out & reinsert it several times. Make sure you're playing some sexy music while you do it :) If that doesn't do it then start replacing cables one at at time until you find the culprit.

• Members

Use it for intermission!

If you live near a station, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do. I have a buddy that gets radio/tv all the time, even on guitar>cable>amp rigs.

Sometimes there's just so much signal in the air that the first gain stage picks it up and the rest of the amp runs with it.

I had issues with a homemade fuzz pedal...picked up shortwave radio from Eastern Europe.

• Members

Ok, this relaxed me a bit. I was afraid that I would have to either have it serviced or not use it. I have another amp but... you know :lol:

And like I said, it's really not bad, i noticed it only with the fuzz and when the wah is in specific position. So it's all good.

Will try different cables though...

TNX :wave:

Archived