new one I'm working on

tilimo

• Members

Time for my 'newbie-ness' to show. I clicked the link and it took me to a page with a lot of different artists. I'd love to hear your song, but I don't know which one it is.

By the way...no need to face palm on the Floyd...I love pink Floyd. :)

• Members

I can totally hear the Floyd influence, but only an influence, which is very good in my book.

I like the guitar work. It was beautifully misleading. (That's a compliment, I'll explain.) You see, at least for me, the guitar came in like a lamb and went out like a lion. That adds a slight element of being unpredictable...and I really like that. The beginning guitar work was quite beautiful. I'm a total sucker for that style of playing! Love listening to it...

For this song, I also like the way there aren't too many details. Because of that, anyone can relate the feeling and meaning of the song to their own life. I don't know anyone who hasn't had at least one 'demon' (not literally) inside of them that they needed saving from.

For me, a song is really good when I can feel what the performer is putting out there. Believe me...I felt this.

There were a couple of technical tics for me. I agree with tbryson about the competition of the vocals and the music. Also, I wish the vocals were just a tad bit clearer, I had to listen more than once to catch the words in just a spot. If it were me, I might add an electric viola with the guitar towards the end to add to the feeling. (Please don't laugh...I know I'm odd ;) )

Hope this is helpful to you...

Archived