Hows The Soldano Decatone?

Emerica167852

• Members

They are neat. The sounds are all pretty awesome.

In the studio, the shared EQ won't be a problem, but live you may not get your favorite clean & ODs. I like my cleans just a tad scooped & found when I set up the Decatone for the best crunch & OD, the clean was a little too middy. (not honky though)

• Members

I've had mine for 3 years now, and it's still my favorite amp. It's a really versatile head, even with the shared EQ. I use the Crunch channel primarily as my rhythm, and the OD channel works well as a cutting lead when the Crunch is set for chunky rhythm. The clean on mine is already pretty mid scooped, the amp has the "SRV mod" built into it with the scooped clean vs. the SLO. I've never wanted any more out of the clean, except maybe a little less brightness. The clean channel sounds awesome with the gain cranked and a slight boost though!

Comparing to the SLO, the OD lacks a little "swirl" and lushness, but still is great in it's own right. The amp has more low end than a stock SLO, due to the Depth mod built in. The loop is much better. The crunch channel is where it's at with this amp though. It nails the "Marshall on Steroids" tone with the Soldano vibe mix in. It's badass.

Archived