Hello...

Writer

• Members

I just wanted to say hello. I'm a married mother of five great kids and have recently found my way back to writing after years of keeping my pen and paper on a shelf. I'd almost forgotten just how much I love putting a song together.

This forum seems like a great place to give and get sound info. I don't play guitar, but my husband and son do. So, getting the melodies posted here will depend on when/if these guys have time to give me a hand.

Since starting to write again...about three weeks or so ago...I can't seem to stop! It's as if the dam broke and all of the years of not writing are rushing out, one song after another. I thought I knew myself pretty well; however, I had no idea I had that many words in my head! It's been pure bliss. I know it most likely won't last forever, but I'm totally enjoying it while it does. What a ride! :cool:

Anyway...this is me. Thanks for having such a cool place to hang out. :wave:

• Members

Hi, Writer!

It's great that all that stored up creativity is pouring out. Of course, there will likely be other times when it slows back to a trickle, that's just the way things seem to go, but we need to take heart from the periods of productivity and let that joy of writing carry us through the tougher times when we're working but not seeing the immediate results. Sometimes it seems like you work and work and don't seem to come up with much -- but that's just part of the process, too. It's like working on your tennis swing (they tell me). You work and struggle and it doesn't seem to come together and then, one day, stuff just falls into place and you have a breakthrough. (I actually have been having a bit of breakthrough on keyboard in that fashion, myself. One day, a few days ago, actually, feeling guilty, I pulled the cover of my keyboard and dialed up an acoustic piano and found myself playing in F#/D#m... it's one of those black key scales (with a B and F thrown in) and, for some reason, it just seemed to fit my hand... and I found myself moving through changes seemingly effortlessly. (At least for me.) Anyhow, all of a sudden stuff that hadn't been happening, was. It's good to remember when things are going slow: just keep plugging away, even when things get slow... you'll get there.

• Members

hi Writer,

I'm a single mom of two and dependent upon my daughter putting the tunes down. Since she's in a performing arts high school, she doesn't have a lot of time. Thus, in the few short months I've been here, I have only been able to contribute as a helpful eye and ear. So I know what you mean. :)

So happy to hear that you've found your "voice" again. Can't wait to read your lyrics. Glad you came.

• Members

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

blue2blue: Your story with your keyboard actually inspired another song! Wow! Thank you. :)

stackabones: Waving back at ya!

SnowAngel: Kudos for having your kiddo in a performing arts high school. How exciting it must be for her!

rockinrobby: Don't worry...I won't tell your psychologist a thing! ;) I completely understand...see...I'd be alright if I weren't half left!

Archived