If youre still not impressed by the HT-5 ...

YngwieReid

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, I hope I'm not offending anyone, but that drummer sucks. Nice to hear the volume capabilities of the HT5 but gotdamn that guy is terrible.

Yeah he sucks...I can't play drums but I can probably do THAT!! :facepalm:

• Members

Dude, I hope I'm not offending anyone, but that drummer sucks. Nice to hear the volume capabilities of the HT5 but gotdamn that guy is terrible.

HAHAHAHAHA

No offence fella's, its his third go on the drums he just bought, and i was teaching him. Slowly but surely he will get better!

• Members

Thanks, but I forgot to say ... how about with a 2x12 loaded cab (not the 10" combo version) - loud enough to hang with your basic old guy classic rock/80's metal bar band (unmiked) ?

One other thing I haven't heard anybody comment on ... can the clean side hang with the gain side volume wise (I'd like to use the 2 channel capability, but it's pretty much useless if there's no headroom on the clean side) ... thx !

HT

• Members

Thanks, but I forgot to say ... how about with a 2x12 loaded cab (not the 10" combo version) - loud enough to hang with your basic old guy classic rock/80's metal bar band (unmiked) ?

One other thing I haven't heard anybody comment on ... can the clean side hang with the gain side volume wise (I'd like to use the 2 channel capability, but it's pretty much useless if there's no headroom on the clean side) ... thx !

HT

Q1 - yes it will in a small room, big rooms tend to eat this amp up.

Q2 - no freaking way!!! the clean channel is well under the volume of the lead channel.

• Members

Q1 - yes it will in a small room, big rooms tend to eat this amp up.

Q2 - no freaking way!!! the clean channel is well under the volume of the lead channel.

Thanks man ... this bums me out though - was really hoping the clean side could hang with the gain side (even with a 2X12 - won't hang ?) :mad:

• Members

Thought about getting one before. It was cheap and sounded really good.

It didn't sound as good as my tube vypyr though so I didn't get it. I know some people would highly disagree but the tube vypyr just sounded a lot better for me.

• Members

Thought about getting one before. It was cheap and sounded really good.

It didn't sound as good as my tube vypyr though so I didn't get it. I know some people would highly disagree but the tube vypyr just sounded a lot better for me.

Interesting. I have the Vypyr 75 but was considering selling it and getting the Blackstar. I haven't played the BS so I may hold off until I can demo one.

I only use 2 sounds on the Vypyr and none of the effects so something like the HT might suit me better. The most important factor for me right now is the amp has to sound good at very low volumes, which was the main reason I got the Vypyr.

• Members

Interesting. I have the Vypyr 75 but was considering selling it and getting the Blackstar. I haven't played the BS so I may hold off until I can demo one.

I only use 2 sounds on the Vypyr and none of the effects so something like the HT might suit me better. The most important factor for me right now is the amp has to sound good at very low volumes, which was the main reason I got the Vypyr.

Well the tube vypyr is a lot different than the solid state ones when I played it. I mean they got the same pre amp I guess but the all tube power amp makes a huge difference.

When I tried the fender twin model on the solid state model it wasn't that great. On the tube model it's very warm and buttery.

Archived