I want a VH-140C or GX-130C!!!

rydogg_sc2

• Members

So, is the crate VTX on that list? I heard somewhere that they had the same preamp as the ampeg. Can you guys share some of your expertise in this area?
:wave:

I heard the lead channel is based off of the VH140c but I dont know for sure. I want to try one of those VTXs. I think the vh140cs and GT3500s that I see for sale on ebay go for too much money though. You gotta look hard to find a good deal.

• Members

im probably going to need to sell my vh-140c combo soon if your interested

but overall its a great amp...very nice cleans on it as well....what surprises me most about these amps is that, they sound better the more you turn them up....unlike most ss amps

• Members

So, is the crate VTX on that list? I heard somewhere that they had the same preamp as the ampeg. Can you guys share some of your expertise in this area?
:wave:

I would love to know that too. It is a lot easier to get your hands on one of them.

I purchased a GX-130C on ebay last week and received it on Friday. Unfortunately it does not work so I need to go through the hassle of returning it to the seller. Needless to say I am getting impatient and want one of these amps soon.

• Members

I would love to know that too. It is a lot easier to get your hands on one of them.

I purchased a GX-130C on ebay last week and received it on Friday. Unfortunately it does not work so I need to go through the hassle of returning it to the seller. Needless to say I am getting impatient and want one of these amps soon.

Yeah, I've always been curious about mine. I have the VTX200SH head and it definitely can do teh brootz, but I always wondered if it was the same as the ampeg. I'm thinking of selling it because I don't need that kind of volume just playing around the house. Thinking of down-sizing to a lower wattage setup. :idk:

Archived