Question for the Aerosmith junkies :)

Runned

• Members

I was listening to the Aerosmith album "Get a Grip' the other day and was really digging the amp tones that where on that album. Especially the guitar on the song "Crazy"... I have done some research and it says that Joe used a ton of different amps through his career, and when comparing tones I think it almost had to be a Plexi or VOX AC30... Although it could be an elusive fender? since I don't have much experience with the fender line of amps.

Anyways I was just curious because that album is nicely produced, and I think the tones sound incredible. Anyone know the rigs used in the studio for that album? Particulary the song "Crazy"???

Thanks

• Members

I imagine they use a bunch of different stuff in the studio. I've read they use, AC15 and 30's, Tweed and blackface Fenders, Marshall's, etc.

Not a huge fan of the newer stuff after Permanent Vacation -- I like the vintage 70's Aerosmith best -- Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks, etc. But I do love the song "Living On the Edge" -- great tune.

• Members
I'm not a huge fan of Aerosmith but Livin' On The Edge kills. The little guitar break around 2:10 (atleast on the devil's got a new disguise version) always gets me.

Ya I mean like you not the biggest fan nor the biggest album fan, but being a guitar player I can't help to notice some kick ass tones and guitar here and there. I have heard better Aerosmith albums, but that one had awesome production.

Im betting the rhythm on crazy is an old AC30, but then again he uses plexi's quiet abit to.

Thanks guys :)

• Members
Joe Perry: Vintage Plexi, Vintage JMP and an AC30 has always been his main rigs.

Brad Whitford: Vintage Plexi, JCM800 and Bogner Ecstasy is what he usually uses.

Thank you sir, if you get a chance can you listen to the song crazy and tell me if you think that rhythm is a vox or plexi, I got abit with my other guitar player ;)

• Members
Thank you sir, if you get a chance can you listen to the song crazy and tell me if you think that rhythm is a vox or plexi, I got abit with my other guitar player
;)

If I had to guess, I would say Vox. They are known to use the super beatle on a lot of their albums. I know they also like to use a bunch of different vintage Marshalls and Roland JC's too. But I would say Vox if I was betting.

Archived