anyone have a blue book for guitars?

6stringhack

• Members

I stopped buying the blue book in my shop and just started using eBay and craigslist, because it's a more accurate measurement, being that it's no more than 90 days old. The thing with the Blue Book is that they only go on what dealers report having sold guitars and amps for, so it isn't always accurate on what something is actually worth, using eBay and craigslist is better.

• Members

Unfortunately, blue book values assume the market is in prime condition.

The only way to put a price on anything anymore is to see the price they are ACTUALLY selling for.

For example: You're trying to sell a car that blue-books at $20,000, but you find multiple cars in perfect condition for several thousand less from dealers and other sellers. There's no way in hell you're getting $20,000 out of it, even if a book tells you you should.

• Members

Good luck selling your guitar!
:facepalm:

im not selling a guitar. i realize a lot of us musicians are brain dead and borderline retarded, but my thread only contained 3 sentences, yet ive received 5 responses, none of which contained what i asked for and some told me specifically what i asked not to hear. ill hope you guys are done with your opinions now and some nice guy that owns some type of blue book that contains the price for a 2007 gibson les paul dc pro will respond. hpefully they read the {censored}ing thread title and respond when applicable. thanks for your time.

• Members

im wanting to find out the value of a 2007 gibson les paul dc pro in good condition.
thanks for any help
. not looking for ebay prices or opinions, just book value.

Be more specific.

Perhaps stating the REASON you want this information would help someone answer your question.

There's only three situations I can think of:

You're buying a guitar - this makes a blue book near-useless, as it's probably not accurate.

You're selling a guitar - this makes a blue book near-useless, as it's probably not accurate

You want to know the value for insurance - You don't need the current value, you need to know the original purchase price, which a bluebook won't give you.

• Members
im not selling a guitar. i realize a lot of us musicians are brain dead and borderline retarded, but my thread only contained 3 sentences, yet ive received 5 responses, none of which contained what i asked for and some told me specifically what i asked not to hear. ill hope you guys are done with your opinions now and some nice guy that owns some type of blue book that contains the price for a 2007 gibson les paul dc pro will respond. hpefully they read the {censored}ing thread title and respond when applicable. thanks for your time.

{censored} off and die, prick :idea:

• Members

all you {censored}ing crybaby not knowing how to read {censored}ing nerds can suck on my dick. still not one {censored}er in here with a brain. not one of you faggots even have the book i asked for in the thread title. why respond? obviously none of you dick breath having goofs know {censored} about {censored} anyhow.

• Members

Oh god, worst troll ever :facepalm:

Well, its either 2 things.

1) An utterly {censored} troll - So, your a {censored}ing {censored}.

2) an idiot that doesnt know what the {censored} he's talking about - So, your a {censored}ing {censored}.

Either way, youre a total idiot, please, go play in traffic.

and no, its not dewy in the photo :facepalm: you really are a {censored}ing moron, you should have been aborted, {censored}ing twat.

• Members

yeah some really helpful assholes in here. no wonder everyone thinks this forum is contaminated with retarded douche.

Ok, heres some serious advice.

No one {censored}ing likes DC les pauls, you can get $800, if you're lucky. Thats what the blue book says. Happy?

• Members

you are a goofy {censored}face on your best day marshredder. how do you expect anyone to take you seriously? btw- id take a dc pro over any of that crap in your sig. the 335 sucks, the twisted tele sounds like some {censored} you made up, and the custom is the ugliest {censored}ing les paul made.

Archived