NAD - Bogner Uberschall Rev. Blue

Shalafi

• Members

So I finally got this bad boy last night, I was lucky to catch the Brown-Man when I got home from work, that bitch was pretty heavy but I really couldn't fire it up until 9 PM because I had class, so basically I played it at a little below bedroom levels cuz it was pretty late by then and I just wanted to make sure everything was working.

The amp is on excellent condition except for a tiny little dent in the tolex but it can't even be seen unless you get real close. The tubes seem to be the Bogner stock tubes, JJ's EL34's and no name Chinese? preamps. Overall I think I got a killer deal for $1390, in the future I will slap some new tubes and rebias plus some white chicken head knobs on this bad boy for aesthetic purposes :love:

I can't really comment on it's overall sound since I couldn't even crank it a bit but from what I heard it sounds pretty damn good, it's got a lot of saturation and a compressed sound (in a good way) but obviously due to the lower volumes I was playing it on. I was extremely surprised on how tight it sounded though, I remember playing an Uber about 6 years ago at a music store and it sounded very bassy and looser, I guess it must have been an older model. I'm stocked to see how well it mixes with the Hot Cat, I think it will compliment it very well since the Hot Cat has more of a high end growl, more Marshally to my ears. I will do my best to post pics and try to make a decent sound clip this weekend :thu:

• Members

Nice score. The one amp that has survived all my crazy gas escapades.

Turn the presence up for that Marshally, cut through steel roar or turn the presence down and the mids up for Carcass style explosive palm mutes :love:.

• Members

So I was able to crank this mother up this afternoon, goddamn this thing is crazy loud! channel 2 kicks as, I was able to coax a woody and pulpy as fuck barky-ish tone, I'm loving it! my Les Paul standard w/ burstbuckers sounds tight as hell, lots of nice compression and clear distortion at around 8-9 o' clock, anything past 12 o' clock starts losing it's definition. To my ears and my style of playing that is the sweet spot as far as gain goes. The settings I played the most where:

Volume: 8 o' clock

Presence: 10 o' clock

Treble: 1 o' clock

Middle: 3 o' clock

Bass: 12ish o' clock

Gain: 8 o' clock

Only complain is that my les paul classic with rio grandes sounds muddy and undefined, I assume it's due to the low end of those pickups, I couldn't really dial in a tone I truly liked with that guitar unfortunately. And the clean channel is usable so far but nothing to write home about, but then again I haven't really spent much time with it, the distortion is too damn sweet.

Anyway here are some crappy Blackberry pictures, I will do my best to post some clips this weekend. Cheers! :thu:

IMG00104-20090707-2115.jpg

IMG00103-20090707-2115.jpg

• Members

Great price and amp.

Keep the presence up.
:rawk:

Man, I only have the presence dialed around 11:00 on my Rev. 2. 6550's sound better than K88's in mine also (at least to my ears). Was kinda fizzy/harsh until I tried the 6550's.

Great amp! Enjoy!

• Members

Man, I only have the presence dialed around 11:00 on my Rev. 2. 6550's sound better than K88's in mine also (at least to my ears). Was kinda fizzy/harsh until I tried the 6550's.

Great amp! Enjoy!

I've found with my old Rev 2 and my newer Rev Blue that the presence set really high tends to negate that "elastic" feel that I really like. Too low (even with the midrange pretty high) and that's where the amp will disappear.

• Members

So I was able to crank this mother up this afternoon, goddamn this thing is crazy loud! channel 2 kicks as, I was able to coax a woody and pulpy as fuck barky-ish tone, I'm loving it! my Les Paul standard w/ burstbuckers sounds tight as hell, lots of nice compression and clear distortion at around 8-9 o' clock, anything past 12 o' clock starts losing it's definition. To my ears and my style of playing that is the sweet spot as far as gain goes. The settings I played the most where:

Volume: 8 o' clock

Presence: 10 o' clock

Treble: 1 o' clock

Middle: 3 o' clock

Bass: 12ish o' clock

Gain: 8 o' clock

Only complain is that my les paul classic with rio grandes sounds muddy and undefined, I assume it's due to the low end of those pickups, I couldn't really dial in a tone I truly liked with that guitar unfortunately. And the clean channel is usable so far but nothing to write home about, but then again I haven't really spent much time with it, the distortion is too damn sweet...

Try it with the master and gain channel volumes both at 10:30-11 o'clock. :love: Gig volume for me.

Edit: Btw, I always play guitars with active and med-hi output pickups with the Uber for best results. And I totally goose the presence. I used to dime the entire eq thru a shitty Fender cab that had t-100s in it.

Archived