Selling the Mark V

ClutchX2

• Members
Ecock and mhensuck are really talking up the vh4 alot, I made a spam thread for my MArk v and I'm thinking about trying another vh4. I love my mark v but I can get another one easy.

I also think since I really like the mkv I should try the Mkiv. I was really content but I kinda feel like I need to try a couple other things before I call it a day.

Eric and Matt seem to like the same type of amps as I do and they both swear by the vh4.

:cop:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
you do suck, you keep talking
:blah:
how great ur amps are and now im having a hard time resisting, i was content:p

Tell me about it. I had no interest in a Wizard, now thanks to Eric I just bought one. Though it's just for a week - then it goes to him.

• Members
I know someone who has a dead mint 2008 vh4 that he may sell if he likes this wizard I get. It's not me either.
;)

I'll let you know if you are interested.

Keep me posted, thanks mang.
If the price is right I would be interested.
I might list the mark on eBay since there's no interest around here.
I have 4 spam threads on different boards and not 1 person has asked about buying my amp, I'm asking 2k plus shipping and that's what I paid, it's not like I'm trying to make money on anybody.

• Members
Tell me about it. I had no interest in a Wizard, now thanks to Eric I just bought one. Though it's just for a week - then it goes to him.

:lol:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, the Wizard will be the only amp I own that isn't a direct result of one or both of you. :cop:

• Members

Aren't the 6K Larry amps more expensive than the Wizards? If the big spenders want to be top dog, they know what they need to do now.
:p

hehe, I've noticed a couple of these snarky posts by you. Any reason you give a crap what other people are spending their money on? Anyone that would buy an amp simply because it's expensive is a fool. The Wizard has no "street cred" as I'm sure you would call it, very few people have even heard them, much less are interested in them. I had no interest until one showed up on my doorstep to try out as a favor from a friend. There is a reason people would spend their own hard earned money on these amps, and it certainly isn't for some "top dog" status. :wave:

• Members
hehe, I've noticed a couple of these snarky posts by you. Any reason you give a crap what other people are spending their money on? Anyone that would buy an amp simply because it's expensive is a fool. The Wizard has no "street cred" as I'm sure you would call it, very few people have even heard them, much less are interested in them. I had no interest until one showed up on my doorstep to try out as a favor from a friend. There is a reason people would spend their hard earned money on these amps, and it certainly isn't for some "top dog" status.
:wave:

No, just having fun. I want to see which big spender blinks first and takes it to the next level with a Larry or some other super high end amp, that's all. I live vicariously through the top spenders. :love:

Alot of people rank your forum status by how much you spend, so if you're in the game at this level having a Larry or other super hi-tier amp will give you more forum cred for the "top dog" position. :lol:

• Members

No, just having fun. I want to see which big spender blinks first and takes it to the next level with a Larry or some other super high end amp, that's all. I live vicariously through the top spenders.
:love:

Alot of people rank your forum status by how much you spend, so if you're in the game at this level having a Larry or other super hi-tier amp will give you more forum cred for the "top dog" position.

hehe, ok, sorry to get "y so serious" on ya. I think there are a few Two Rock owners around here, that's like a couple levels up on the status pole I would imagine. That's some super status right there. I'm kind of pissed off I ever tried this stupid Wizard to be honest, now I'm hooked. It's just so different from what I have, but hits all the things I look for in a tone. The amp was actually sent to me without me asking, I was just told it was going to be delivered to me on a Tuesday, lol. :lol:

I can't hang with the big dogs though, to keep the Wizard, something is going to have to move, and I've had a brutal time trying to decide which one. I dig each of them for their own thing, so it's going to be regret one way or another. :cry:

• Members

I prefer the Mark IV and IIC+ better than the V. Is you are considering getting the Mark V, I HIGHLY recommend you spend some time with it IN THE STORE first to save yourself the hassle of a return or sale. Idiot me saw the combo in the window, freaked out, and I didn't even turn it on (I fail), and bought it on the spot. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I spent a couple of weeks telling myself it's just me, I need to spend time EQ'ing, but after a while I though any amp I have to spend THIS much time on to find a good tone just isn't worth it. Hence where I am now.

I would like to stress, I gave up on it fairly quickly. I don't want to say the amp "sucks", it just didn't do much for me.

Did you play it through anythign other than the C90 that's in the combo?

I was unimpressed until I played it through a Recto 2x12...The Amp really came alive. I think the quality of the C90 is reaaaaalllly slipping.

Todd A.

• Members
hehe, ok, sorry to get "y so serious" on ya. I think there are a few Two Rock owners around here, that's like a couple levels up on the status pole I would imagine. That's some super status right there. I'm kind of pissed off I ever tried this stupid Wizard to be honest, now I'm hooked. It's just so different from what I have, but hits all the things I look for in a tone. The amp was actually sent to me without me asking, I was just told it was going to be delivered to me on a Tuesday, lol.

I can't hang with the big dogs though, to keep the Wizard, something is going to have to move, and I've had a brutal time trying to decide which one. I dig each of them for their own thing, so it's going to be regret one way or another.
:cry:

I'm just trying to pass the time at work and bull{censored}ting, don't mind me. :facepalm::lol:

• Members
No, just having fun. I want to see which big spender blinks first and takes it to the next level with a Larry or some other super high end amp, that's all. I live vicariously through the top spenders.
:love:

Alot of people rank your forum status by how much you spend, so if you're in the game at this level having a Larry or other super hi-tier amp will give you more forum cred for the "top dog" position.

I've had GAS for a Larry since I first heard a clip of one on an Iced Earth youtube video well over a year ago. But that's too much $ for me to send to some dude in Germany - without ever getting to try it out first.

I burn through alot of amps - because getting to try new gear is just as much fun to me as playing guitar. It's all just a hobby to me anyway. I have no higher aspirations other than to play up in my gameroom. I have no problem dropping a couple thousand on an amp I haven't played if it interests me. As long as I think I can flip it for less than a one or two hundred bucks loss to me. I just look at it as a rental charge. How much do studios charge to rent their amps? I get an amp all to myself for a month or two or forever if I want.

Anyway, every amp I've truely loved. I've kept. Just so happens they are Diezels. I played both of those before I bought them too - so I had no trouble buying them brand new.

• Members

I figured there will be a lot of backlash regarding the Mark V and the used prices will show that. I absolutely LOVE my Mark IV. The only real change I'd want is to have independent EQs for the Clean and R1 channel. Even with that small downside the Mark IV is an amazing amp. I can get so many great tones out of it. I think the Mark V is going to be a case of Mesa trying to do too much with one amp.

I think people put too much emphasis on the Mark IIc+ though. Still, if Mesa was able to reproduce it they would have just reissued it a long time ago. The fact of the matter is Mesa can't do it so they get an approximation and make it a mode on their new amp to help sell it.

All this said, I haven't played a Mark V. Maybe I'd like it, but I don't see how it would be better than my Mark IV. I feel bad for the people buying them new. I got a feeling that down the road they're going to take a hit when they sell it.

• Members

Right now yeah. It's still new. I predict the used prices will drop dramatically soon.

Which is why I decided to sell mine now rather than wait. I liked the amp well enough, but it really couldn't hang with the VH4. That being the case, it was only a matter of time until I was going to off it anyway.

• Members

I think channel 3 on the Mark V is lifeless and dull crap compared to the Mark IV. Everything else about the V is better than the IV IMO. I play on channel 3 99% of the time so I sold my V. I don't miss it one bit.

Archived