NAD!! Diezel, Krank,Triamp and a Q about Bias

wolfspider

• Members

whoah, HNAD(s)!
:rawk:

What is it with the epic multi amp NAD's the last couple months, it's making me drool.
:eek:

and yeah, the Rev has a bias pot inside, you'll want to adjust that if you bought new power tubes for it.

Thanks man :thu: actually those are the tubes that comes with the amp, not new, the guy just sent them in a separated box to protect them from the UPS guys, i've been in the same situation before but those were boogies so no bias messing needed but now i don't know if it is safe to just plug them in and play the brootz :confused:

• Members

well, if they were already biased for the amp, you shouldn't have any problems. Plug em in and crank her up.

I will say though, personally, I like to check the bias on amps when I first get them anyway. I've come across a lot that were either biased real cold at the factory, or had drifted quite a bit after the tubes had been in a while.

• Members

well, if they were already biased for the amp, you shouldn't have any problems. Plug em in and crank her up.

I will say though, personally, I like to check the bias on amps when I first get them anyway. I've come across a lot that were either biased real cold at the factory, or had drifted quite a bit after the tubes had been in a while.

Sweet, i'm going to try that and see how it goes :thu:

• Members

Thanks Dewy It's that yours? maybe i will change the LEDs to green or red
:love::rawk:

I wish, it's my buddy's. He runs a studio and essentially got that thing for free. Long story short, he ordered an Orange, they sent two by accident, and he traded one for the Trimap. Anyway, we used it to record our EP (see my Br00talz band) :rawk:

• Members

My Kranks were both biased really cold from the factory.

That really is an amazing collection you have there. I've really been GASing for a Triamp.

Yea i'll take it to the tech to adjust the bias, do you have some settings or suggestions ? the clean is really nice but the gain channel is not as crunchy as i thought it would be, maybe i'm doing it wrong :idk:

Archived