OT: Need advice from cell phone gurus

Guiary

• Members

Me and my wife picked up the storms, and we are both pretty happy with them. I'm not sure if they are the best thing out there, but I love surfing the net at work, and keeping up with deleting junk emails. The touch screen is actually pretty damned good. I would have never thought it would work well, but now I'm a believer.

Edit: I have not tried the Tour, but I would have a hard time giving up the screen size. The screen size on the storm kicks ass.

• Members

Me and my wife picked up the storms, and we are both pretty happy with them. I'm not sure if they are the best thing out there, but I love surfing the net at work, and keeping up with deleting junk emails. The touch screen is actually pretty damned good. I would have never thought it would work well, but now I'm a believer.

Edit: I have not tried the Tour, but I would have a hard time giving up the screen size. The screen size on the storm kicks ass.

I've used the Storm extensively, and forgive me for saying that I found it to be really bad. I couldn't get used to the screen, and some of it just seemed thrown together. It bummed me out because I really, truly love RIM's products, but it sort of went half-assed on the entire deal. Hopefully the Storm 2 fixes things. I've been hearing good things from the blogs.

I like the idea of a touchscreen Blackberry, but at the same time I will never give up a full keyboard. I work for a major carrier, and I've worked for many of the others, so I have had a few full touchscreen phones. That said, I'll keep buying the candybar style Blackberrys until they stop making them. The Tour has the same resolution screen as the Storm, but since it's smashed into a 2.1" package, the pixel density is extremely sharp.

When you come down to it, the tour is basically a Storm sans touchscreen, and the aesthetic offspring of a Bold and a Curve 8900.

That said, any Blackberry is better than no Blackberry! Push email is the best damned thing ever. Saves battery life and productivity big time.

Archived