Tony Romo is a pretty underrated quarterback...

boogieman75

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
We're definitely on the same page
:cool:

... but the only thing that worries me is that pioli had no Idea cassel was going to turn into what he was. They took a late round flyer on him... if you know you have a diamond in the rough, you reach for him before the 7th on the chance that another team may pick him. If they had of used up their 5th on cassel and had people turning their heads and wondering why... I might agree with you. Its not like he was a jarod mayo where the pats reached hard and shocked the {censored} out of people to pick him when they did and went on to get defensive rookie of the year...

just saying :poke:

• Members
... but the only thing that worries me is that pioli had no Idea cassel was going to turn into what he was. They took a late round flyer on him... if you know you have a diamond in the rough, you reach for him before the 7th on the chance that another team may pick him. If they had of used up their 5th on cassel and had people turning their heads and wondering why... I might agree with you. Its not like he was a jarod mayo where the pats reached hard and shocked the {censored} out of people to pick him when they did and went on to get defensive rookie of the year...

just saying :poke:

You're right...but Pioli has a strong history of picking up people in late rounds that end up being strong performers...Tom Brady is a prime example. Not that Matt Cassell is the next Tom Brady, but Pioli sees things in these guys or he wouldn't waste time on them...Plus Cassell worked with Brady for years...so he at least knows what it takes.

But you're right. It's all speculation until we see him perform :thu:

• Members
This, and 80% of Cowboys fans agree. They were calling for his head at the end of last season, and were absolutely shocked when Jerry Jones didn't fire his ass. Of course, Jerry having his hands in the day to day operations as the GM doesn't help either. There isn't a single team in the NFL with an Owner who also acts as GM that is worth a crap. Jerry wants all the glory, but has no real clue about how to run a football team.

He is the Steinbrenner of the NFL.

Oh, and to whoever said Dallas is in love with Romo... :facepalm:

Sure they were... 2 years ago. Most people have started to wake up and realize he fails hard under pressure. Sure he puts up big numbers in the beginning to middle of the season... when he was throwing bombs to TO, or screen passes to a wide open Witton across midfield. Each year other teams figure out the 1/2 ass system Romo uses, and then his sure fire big plays are wiped out. Then he's just a bumbling QB, that lacks the real talent/experience to lead them into the playoffs.

• Members

Remember that it's a TEAM sport...it takes 11 guys on the same page to make an offense work.

Dallas had massive O-Line problems last year...and they also lost Felix Jones (who, mark my words, is going to be a super-star!) for the year.

Once the O-Line proved they could not run block then it put too much pressure on Romo to WIN the games.

Dallas will be a different team this year and with one more year of starting under his belt, Romo should be better too!

• Members

Remember that it's a TEAM sport...it takes 11 guys on the same page to make an offense work.

Dallas had massive O-Line problems last year...and they also lost Felix Jones (who, mark my words, is going to be a super-star!) for the year.

Once the O-Line proved they could not run block then it put too much pressure on Romo to WIN the games.

Dallas will be a different team this year and with one more year of starting under his belt, Romo should be better too!

They better hope that run blocking gets improved. Teams will double team Witten all day and outside of him there aren't many good passing options.

I still lol hard at that trade they made to get Roy Williams. He won't be much better than last year.

• Members

Pre season isn't far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the word on Favre? I have been out of the loop for a while. Is he going to the Vikings or not? Last I heard a few weeks ago the Vikings were giving him a dead line but I don't remember when that was.

EDIT: never mind just checked the news today. We'll know Friday if Favre will be on the Vikings! I hope so.

• Members

I see what you're saying but I recently read a book about the "patriot way." a few months ago. And that team drafted mainly on certain player types. Ones that they knew would buy into what they were trying to do. They knew Cassel didn't have the greatest rocket arm. But they knew he was a playbook book worm and willing to buy into the idea of "What's better for the team."

They're also not dumb and know how it works in the NFL. No team picking high in the draft is going to take a back up college QB that has never really played in a college game. Even though physically Cassel has the body type of a starting NFL QB (over 6'3 and more than 230 ilbs.)

But most guys like that just become undrafted free agents. They got what they wanted. They just knew they would be able to get him later.

And they got a 2nd round pick out of a struggling team. And at that high of a 2nd round pick...you're still getting 1st round talent at a 2nd round price. And they got rid of a lot of salary cap money at the same time w/ Cassel's franchise tag and the money owed to Vrabel.

How that team runs it's {censored} is harsh but incredibly affective. As soon as a player declines, get everything you can for them.

Don't be surprised if Brady doesn't do well this year and they start dealing him to another team. Nobody is immune.

• Members
I see what you're saying but I recently read a book about the "patriot way." a few months ago.
And that team drafted mainly on certain player types. Ones that they knew would buy into what they were trying to do.
They knew Cassel didn't have the greatest rocket arm. But they knew he was a playbook book worm and willing to buy into the idea of "What's better for the team."

They're also not dumb and know how it works in the NFL. No team picking high in the draft is going to take a back up college QB that has never really played in a college game. Even though physically Cassel has the body type of a starting NFL QB (over 6'3 and more than 230 ilbs.)

But most guys like that just become undrafted free agents. They got what they wanted. They just knew they would be able to get him later.

And they got a 2nd round pick out of a struggling team. And at that high of a 2nd round pick...you're still getting 1st round talent at a 2nd round price. And they got rid of a lot of salary cap money at the same time w/ Cassel's franchise tag and the money owed to Vrabel.

How that team runs it's {censored} is harsh but incredibly affective. As soon as a player declines, get everything you can for them.

Don't be surprised if Brady doesn't do well this year and they start dealing him to another team. Nobody is immune.

Great post man. In my reading of Chiefs interviews (i'm a total Chiefs geek apparently) Haley and Pioli have stressed the bold part since the day they were brought into this franchise. And they haven't strayed from it. Even throughout the draft they drafted guys who they knew would fit with what they were trying to do here in Kansas City. I have a feeling Haley and Pioli are going to be a helluva tandem here for Chiefs football :cool:

• Members
Great post man. In my reading of Chiefs interviews (i'm a total Chiefs geek apparently) Haley and Pioli have stressed the bold part since the day they were brought into this franchise. And they haven't strayed from it. Even throughout the draft they drafted guys who they knew would fit with what they were trying to do here in Kansas City. I have a feeling Haley and Pioli are going to be a helluva tandem here for Chiefs football
:cool:

God I hope so...I've been too loyal for too long...

• Members

Pre season isn't far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the word on Favre? I have been out of the loop for a while. Is he going to the Vikings or not? Last I heard a few weeks ago the Vikings were giving him a dead line but I don't remember when that was.

EDIT: never mind just checked the news today. We'll know Friday if Favre will be on the Vikings! I hope so.

Goddamnit. This kind of attitude is why that asshole is still trying to play. He was massively ineffective last year, said he was going to retire, and then pulled the same {censored} again. He just needs to go. Everyone says how great he is, but he only won 1 Superbowl, and had a terrible last 6 games last year.

Brett Favre needs to hang it up.

• Members

+1 The writing on the wall has been graffiti'd over 5 times already

Favre is still at least a top 30 QB in the NFL. Easy.

I don't understand all the hate on the guy. If he want's to play and a team is willing to sign him, let him play. I can understand hating on Pacman Jones or someone like that but at least Favre wants to play and keeps his nose clean off the field.

Why no hate on Vinny Testaverde? He came back like 35445 times. Why not when Steve DeBerg came back at 45?

Archived