HNGD: Custom 7s

Alex Pareja

• Members

Awesome Alex - who built them?

...though I still like mine better:D

LimbaLoveCompleted1.jpg

What happened to Jamie McIlroy?

_TJK*

Whoa that Soloway is awesome. I've been wanting one of those for years especially with the extended scale length. Mine are First Act customs with regular 25.5 scale length but the next one I may do might be 26 or 27.

What pickups do you have in that? I've played with a lot of the Dimarzio and they're all mediocre while compromising certain frequencies. I can't seem to find something awesome for these guitars.

As far Jamie being gone, there just was not the drive anymore. These days either you are 100% in or just do not do it all because music is wonderful and should be taken seriously.

• Members

Whoa that Soloway is awesome. I've been wanting one of those for years especially with the extended scale length. Mine are First Act customs with regular 25.5 scale length but the next one I may do might be 26 or 27.

What pickups do you have in that? I've played with a lot of the Dimarzio and they're all mediocre while compromising certain frequencies. I can't seem to find something awesome for these guitars.

As far Jamie being gone, there just was not the drive anymore. These days either you are 100% in or just do not do it all because music is wonderful and should be taken seriously.

Thanks man - I truly love this guitar - the scale length makes all the difference in the world for me, especially when playing Jazz, the clarity on complex chords is out of this world.

The pickups are custom wound by Pete Biltof of Vintage Vibe and they are absolutely fantastic - the neck pickup is the best I've played on any guitar for my needs (Jazz cleans to Fusion/Metal leads) the blades impart a really cool tone when distorted - sort of fuzzy but still with a lot of clarity.

The Bridge pickup needs a little work - I really like the tone - it sounds like a pissed off single coil with more mids and low-end - but I still need a bit more gain and want to get it wound as a stacked pickup to get rid of the hum - aside from that it is perfect for what I do.

Too bad about Jamie - you guys had great chemistry when it came to counterpoint in your riffing. Someone not having their heart in it though can be like creative poison - so I totally get the position that puts you in.

I really do dig Worse Than Alone though - toss up between it and Mongrel for what I've enjoyed most from you guys. I did miss the nylon classical playing on WTA - but loved the acoustic guitar and more song based writing approach.

If you need help finding some bitching pickups - let me know, I've worked with a lot of the boutique guys and can probably help you find what you're looking for.

_TJK*

Archived