How Do You Guys Find a Rehearsal Space?

ZCat

• Members

Just start turning tricks on the street corner. You'll pick up a john that'll take you back to a nice 'practice' spot. When you get there steal his money, kick him out, and start jamming. This has two benefits.

1. You've found a job.

2. You've found a practice spot.

I'm a problem solver, it's what I do.

• Members

I'm on board with the "find a job", but as you said, you live in a small town, that might be difficult. Small towns are often the hardest hit when the economy takes a {censored}.

I would say you ought to look at warehousing space, rent it, and then advertise it as a space to other bands.

Look for a place with enough room for 6 drum kits to be set up in one room. Set up a PA, offer two guitar cabs and one bass 410. Have a space for everyone to put their gear when they're done too.

Charge $50/band member and offer two shifts a week. Security Deposit is the same. Two nights a week, no more than 4 hours a night. 5pm - 9pm, and 9pm-whenever. This will be Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday are open source, but are on a first to sign up basis.

Then when everyone signs up for their desired shifts, you run a lotto for the bands who whine and whimper.

6 bands, with two shifts a week, 12 shifts. 10 shifts during the week, the other two can be rotated through the weekends. What is left, (this is assuming every band wants two shifts a week,) is sold off to the first come to sign up for them. If you want more than 2 shifts a week, you sharge an extra $15 per band member per shift. Weekends don't count if you're rotated or signed up early in th emonth.

This could quickly become your job. It's what I'd like to do for a living....

-Curtis

• Members

{censored} off and die, punk.

I will, right after you get a job.

IF there are no jobs in your town move.

If you don't have money to move sell the {censored} in your avatar so you can afford to move to a place that has jobs.

McDonalds is always hiring, if you have to suck up your pride and do what you've gotta do to get by.

GET A {censored}ING JOB.

And then you'll be able to afford a rehearsal space.

• Members

The other guitarist in my band is a hairdresser. He was cutting some chick's hair one day when he mentioned that our band was looking for a jamspot. This girl told him that her grandpa ran a used book and comic book store, and that the top floor of the building wasn't being used for anything.

The rest is history

• Members

Several bands here use storage untis. The most notorious of which only has power at the outside ends of the buildings. They just run extension cords to their jam spaces. Ah the fun of unplugging a death metal band 1/4 way into a song.:thu:

But seriously...there are storage places that have power. Even a light at the top can be converted to run a band. I did that with the space I rented for the past 6 years. Converted it to a plug-in and then routed power to a surge protector. We eventually built in a wall between us and the garage style door, and put a door in the wall. Hung carpet, dropped a cieling and put soundboard under the sheetrock. Was a pimpin space. Shame to move out of it, but I hooked the next band up.

• Members

K-Bizzle in da hizzle

talkin' dat shizzle

wassup, mah nizzle?

wigger_ville_1_jg04.jpg

For the sake of argument, lets say I look just like that guy.

This guy has a job and actually contributes something, and you're just leaching off the system so you can play music. :lol::lol:

wigger-15513.jpg

• Members

cranking your amps with only a bass and guitarplayer is a boring, pointless, and bizarre concept. like putting on a bunch of professional lance armstrong-type biking gear and slowly riding a tricycle around in circles in the grass.

no offense meant, im just suggesting you not worry about it. ask your mom if you can jam out in the living room while shes doing laundry or something. she may end up being your biggest fan...:idk:

:)

• Members

KBzl, you say I should just move to go find a job. I've done just that for the last 30 years, been everywhere from the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean welding pipe in the oilfield. I'm kinda sick of moving around, found a nice place and like to stick around, at least for the summer.

I should go to McDonald's so I can work 40 hours to make half what I'm getting now? Just what kind of a {censored}ing retard are you?

Unemployment insurance is a tax the government takes from your employer while you're working. I should just let the government keep that money? What the {censored} did they do to earn it?

In case you don't know, the unemployment rate is just under around 9.5%, almost 15 million people are unemployed right now.

• Members

The government don't pay for unemployment, {censored}head. They take it out of the money you earn when you're working.

Um...

:facepalm:

In all sincerity, yea...you should get a job. Unemployment only lasts so long. Deliver Pizza. Do something. I used to deliver pizza as a side job...people laughed at me sure, but after tips it came out to be like $20/hr. Coming home after a 4 hour shift with 100 bucks in tips is pretty damn nice, and all you do is drive.

Archived