NGD (8 Skrang)

Aaron SS

• Members

The Agile brand is comparable to Korean Schecters - in fact they are most likely made in the exact same factories
:thu:

Well damn. That's what I want then.

That site I looked at don't have any 8 strings.

What's a good site for these? I'm going to order one of those strat's tonight. I want to see what else they got though but rondomusic has pages of strats and lespaul style guitars.

Man, I wish I could remember the name of a company that was posted on here last year. I forgot it before and posted a thread to remember the name and now I got a new computer and it's not in my bookmarks anymore. They had some really awesome shit for like 500 bucks.

My main guitar is a south korean schecter btw. and I love that guitar. The c-1 exotic star.

• Members

Rondomusic.com is the only place you can get them besides ebay.

Oh I must have not went far enough. I was looking at them on another site before rondo. But it might of been just showing them and no ordering.

• Members

Rondomusic.com is the only place you can get them besides ebay. Those Douglas and SX guitars are NOT the same as Agile tho - those are lower quality and made in china, indonesia, etc..

Why did they make their website so {censored}ty? lol You can't select what you want. You have to go through all the crappy guitars to get to the good ones.

• Members

Oh I must have not went far enough. I was looking at them on another site before rondo. But it might of been just showing them and no ordering.

Actually it looks like they don't even have any more Agile strats; I know for sure they used to though :confused:

There are a couple Agile teles in there, and tons of les pauls...

• Members

Oh sweet, I couldnt find em a while ago. Go for it
:thu:

I like this too though. http://www.rondomusic.com/al2800unifprofilesilverb.html They are so cheap I figured I might as well get one.

I really wish I could think of that other company though. They had these natural finish 6 and 7 strings that were just beautiful. They were neck thru and set necks and they were all under 700 bucks.

EDIT: Wonder if those pickups suck bad in that les paul?

I like this too but I don't like EMG's http://www.rondomusic.com/product2729.html wouldn't mind some dimarzio 7's in there.

• Members

gorgeous...thats the model i want, so i can keep the whole passive electronic setup..

im really diggin the Interceptor Pro 827 too....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

interceptorpro825mnnat5.jpg

interceptorpro825mnnat1.jpg

heres one...they just shipped and this guy just got one..

they come in set neck with emg(blah!) ebony or maple board and 25.5 pr 27" scale...the standard is the same way but with passive agile pups...id love to even get the standard in 27" but im not sure if i want ebony or maple..

11612d1249439930-ngd-interceptor-827-liz

alot of the models arent in the pages for some reason...no new interceptors or septors let alone the intrepids...ss.org is your best place for news on stuff like this, or google rondomusic and whatever..interceptor 8, intrepid 8...

• Members

Natural bodies with maple fretboard
:love:

so is 8 strings going to be the new 7 strings?

No, 8 strings aren't for most people. I like that guitar but honestly I've heard really good guitar players playing 8 string guitars and I hated it. They sound so much cooler on a 6 string.

Or what's worse are those guys who get 8 strings and only play solos on the high strings. You never see them use the extra strings lol

• Members

No, 8 strings aren't for most people. I like that guitar but honestly I've heard really good guitar players playing 8 string guitars and I hated it. They sound so much cooler on a 6 string.

Or what's worse are those guys who get 8 strings and only play solos on the high strings. You never see them use the extra strings lol

Its funny, I remember you saying something about fast runs being almost inaudible on that low f...

well you're right :cry:

It sounds so evil when used sparingly, I really just like the idea of 8 strings cause I have big hands so the neck actually feels really comfortable. I can't wait to string mine up with a high A, I already have the special strings sitting on my desk :rawk:

• Members

Its funny, I remember you saying something about fast runs being almost inaudible on that low f...

well you're right
:cry:

It sounds so evil when used sparingly, I really just like the idea of 8 strings cause I have big hands so the neck actually feels really comfortable. I can't wait to string mine up with a high A, I already have the special strings sitting on my desk
:rawk:

Yeah.. but you can be playing a really cool riff and most people won't know wtf you are playing. It just sounds like the same note. It's hard to tell a difference between the first fret and the 5th on the low string. With drums and shit going it's really hard to tell in a live situation. On a recording you can do it a little easier.

• Members

Yeah.. but you can be playing a really cool riff and most people won't know wtf you are playing. It just sounds like the same note. It's hard to tell a difference between the first fret and the 5th on the low string. With drums and {censored} going it's really hard to tell in a live situation. On a recording you can do it a little easier.

true that, although I think a lot of that can be attributed to the emg 808s I've heard Bareknuckles and Lundgrens and they actually let you be able to discern what is going on. The stock agile pickup (cepheus) is pretty decent sounding but still has a bit of the low f string notes all sounding the same (although I've only played through my mighty apartment rig podxt into a valvetronix)

• Members

true that, although I think a lot of that can be attributed to the emg 808s I've heard Bareknuckles and Lundgrens and they actually let you be able to discern what is going on. The stock agile pickup (cepheus) is pretty decent sounding but still has a bit of the low f string notes all sounding the same (although I've only played through my mighty apartment rig podxt into a valvetronix)

Yeah... I don't like EMG's. I just stick with 6 strings myself. I own a 7 string but I never take it out of the case. I can play the same riff on a 6 string and it's just so much cooler. In a way it sounds heavier to me because it's more in your face and you can hear the notes well.

Drop c and drop b is alright. I mostly use drop c. I can use drop B on my vypyr and hear it well. If I use drop B on my 6505 I can't make it out as much. Even with high mids. And i'm not going to use so much mids that it just sounds twangy.

Archived