Thomann has stopped carrying Bugera amps...

Soeru

• Members

The EU/German megastore Thomann has stopped selling Bugera amps, I sent them an email about it and this is what I got in response:

Gesendet: Montag, 10. August 2009 12:10

An: Gitarre

Betreff: Bugera amplifiers.

Hello,

I have noticed that there are no longer any Bugera guitar amplifiers on the Thomann website, will you have Bugera amplifiers in stock in the future or are you no longer carrying Bugera products? Thanks.

Hi there,

thanks for your mail.

We`ve stopped selling Bugera since there are to many problems with them.

best regards

Franky Koch

Just thought I'd share that. Sucks, I really wanted a 6260 combo because they had it for so cheap, but they sell for outrageous prices locally.

• Members

I'd still buy one if I could find it at the same price they had it for, the transformer clip issue is easily fixed. But now I guess I'll stay ampless for a while, I can't find absolutely anything worthwhile in double the price range.

• Members

I would love to see a list of all the problems they had with these amps. I've read up on these amps and it appeared to me most of the problems was that power supply connector that would fail. Easy fix :confused:

I still think if you bought one and went over it with new tubes, resolder any {censored}ty solder joints and direct wire the {censored}ty quick connects you would have a pretty decent amplifier. JMO

• Members

There's a cure, it's "Getting the real {censored}ing thing they are based off of that costs maybe $150 more" vaccination. It's pretty much available everywhere. You'll be fine my friend, you'll be fine.

FYI, on most European sites 6262's sell for 450

• Members

So Bugeras are based specifically off Peaveys? :poke:

Other amps that are also valve are probably similar in price. I can pick up a Hot Rod Deluxe, which is a great amp, for the same price as a Bugera easily. Likewise, the Blackstar HT-5- a 5 watt valve combo... like they have on their site.

No silly pants, just the one's I hear always breaking. IE: 6262, 333, and the variants of each.

• Members

No silly pants, just the one's I hear always breaking. IE: 6262, 333, and the variants of each.

I was on your side! :lol:

No one wants a {censored}ty amp.

*feels sorry for Bugera owners, until it's realised that they're being cheapskates*

• Members

I was on your side!
:lol:

No one wants a {censored}ty amp.

*feels sorry for Bugera owners, until it's realised that they're being cheapskates*

"Hi, I would like to trade in my Bugera. It cost me $xxx.xx and now it doesn't work, what can I get for it?"

Here's a Gorilla.

"Better than nothing, I'll take it thanks"

AND SO IT BEGINS

• Members

My local store, Axe Music, had them and was raving about them. A month later, they were in the clearence section.

I had a bad experience with Axe music. They sold me my ESP and it came with a free jacket and they sent out the jacket but forgot to ship the guitar. We bickered on the phone for 45 minutes saying it was shipped, and I said "I DIDN'T GET IT AND YOU GAVE ME ONLY ONE TRACKING NUMBER WHICH BELONGS TO THE JACKET" 5 minutes later he tells me it was still in the warehouse. :facepalm: Dumb asses.

Archived