Does this arrangement work?

ido1957

• Members

Who are these hot women you post in your profile pic? I like this tune, it has a BTO meets Eric Clapner groove :-)

Meat and Potatoes Rock n Roll :-)

I would bring that sweet lead in right after Satisfaction Guarenteed... Before the "official" start of the break.

I posted the link on my FB page.

• Members

The verse sounds a little cluttered. Not horribly, just enough that I can't really differentiate the bass from the guitar. (Granted, I'm not listening through headphones, but neither will most listeners I would think) Drums sound excellent.

The chorus is fabulous. Really like the choppiness and the percussion's reaction to the change. Harmonies are strong.

Love what you did with the hihat around the 1:01 mark.

Great interaction between the bass and guitars from 1:35-1:38.

The solo starts out good, but doesn't quite go anywhere. It seems to be teeing up an explosive lift at 2:12 but then just stays in the same vicinity, relying on the rhythm guitar to signal the change at 2:15. I'd have the lead do more of the talking and have it say the rhythm is about to change instead. It closes on a high note (pun intended) startin at 2:23 though.

I'm a bit confused why vocals don't come in at 2:30. Not liking that extra measure from 2:30-2:38 at all. The final 7 seconds of the solo are great and then you water it all down again by not having the vox take the batton right away.

The ending works, but isn't memorable.

Excellent tune.

• Members

This is a GREAT rock song......I love it! Love the bass line!

Two things that hit me during the second listen.........

How a bout a STOP! just before the guitar break? Maybe a drum fill or something.........

The ending works, but isn't memorable.

And....think about ending it before that last chord. I mean this song really rolls.........you need to stop it on a dime.

Nice work, man!:cool:

• Members

How a bout a STOP! just before the guitar break? Maybe a drum fill or something.........

And....think about ending it before that last chord. I mean this song really rolls.........you need to stop it on a dime.

Let me try those things out - might be tough without re-recording. Edits maybe...

• Members

Thanks rsadasiv - this is a pretty starightforward arrangement. I think I'll do two things - try the ending Leonard suggested and put some lead licks in between some of the lines and maybe before / after the current solo. Probably take a few days to work it all out.

• Members

Very good. Very polished.

There's something vintage and almost familiar about. That can work for you or against you. I don't know.

But it's sure a rockin groove.

(I think I'd like to hear a sharp cut-off at the end too. Maybe a big hard chord with a bass slide-off. Just guessing).

Archived