They will see again w/mp3

tbry

• Members

Well, I would like to make excuses for the clam at 1:22 and everything in between but hopefully you can tell its a good song...they sound much better in the front room...recording is just not that easy to make sound good,... but no matter...onward!!!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10452686

They will see again

Earth shakes

Walls break

Under midnight skies

Ocean rolls

Winds blow

Into blinded eyes

Chorus

They will see again

It is not the end

The light is near

Nothing to fear

Verse

Earth mends

Walls bend

Under sun lit skies

Water moves

Winds soothe

Vision magnified

Chorus

Bridge

Across the world is a new surge

In the light, we all will emerge

Across the world is a new word

In the light all will be answered

Chorus

• Members

Definitely a lot of "intonation" issues on the vocal track... and out of time on a bunch of parts. I'm sure, like you mentioned, this is supposed to be an "anthem-type" song but sounds way to simplistic to me. Still, I liked the idea.

• Members

I think this would work better as a tripped out, blatantly drug induced spacey mind-{censored} of a mix. Think "Tomorrow Never Knows". I actually don't hear the acoustic in my head much after the first chorus.

• Members

Is this the way this forum works?

A passer-through (me) pops in with a few suggestions, some of which are taken up by the OP, then the OP immediately starts a new thread on the same subject with no word of thanks, credit nor nuffin'?

Maybe it's a kind of clique here?

I find this behavior rather odd, so I've mentioned it.

• Members

Is this the way this forum works?

A passer-through (me) pops in with a few suggestions, some of which are taken up by the OP, then the OP immediately starts a new thread on the same subject with no word of thanks, credit nor nuffin'?

Maybe it's a kind of clique here?

I find this behavior rather odd, so I've mentioned it.

I've never seen anyone start a new thread on the same subject - i dont think its a personal thing against you - i can only assume that the OP wanted to draw attention to the fact that his track now has audio and for some reason on these forums you can edit your post but not your post "subject".

I think people read your/our comments and take them on board but wont go thanking "every" person that replies..... wait til you post something and have 30 replies.... i wouldnt expect 30 thank yous from you

I wouldn't say there is a clique thing going on , however some people have been hanging around and helping out on here for a while so i guess you get to know/trust/rely on certain people

keep hanging out - keep posting - and chill

we're musos.... no one cares! ;)

• Members

I get what you're saying, but surely the lifeblood of any forum is new members and fresh input.

It doesn't take long to say 'hello, good evening and welcome'.

My second reply here (today), I'm pleased to say, was responded to very nicely.

Quoting you:

.... wait til you post something and have 30 replies.... i wouldnt expect 30 thank yous from you...

I would.

But we can beg to differ.

But....when all is said and done.....

We are musos :).

• Members

I've never seen anyone start a new thread on the same subject - i dont think its a personal thing against you - i can only assume that the OP wanted to draw attention to the fact that his track now has audio and for some reason on these forums you can edit your post but not your post "subject".

I think people read your/our comments and take them on board but wont go thanking "every" person that replies..... wait til you post something and have 30 replies.... i wouldnt expect 30 thank yous from you

I wouldn't say there is a clique thing going on , however some people have been hanging around and helping out on here for a while so i guess you get to know/trust/rely on certain people

keep hanging out - keep posting - and chill

we're musos.... no one cares!
;)

Thanks Stickboy...I can assure you that you are correct in everything you stated...I used 2 words he offered and finished the song...poor manners...IDK, but he said he was passing through...and like you said sometimes posts can't all be answered...I'll say sorry if this guy says he was over sensitive and let it go.

• Members

Quoting tbry from the "other" thread:

WTF you talkin about man...I take a sugg use it and finish my song...What the {censored} you what...a medal?...The other alternative would be to drop in and say...hey cool...I dig that you used my suggestion...way to go! Good luck with your song.

btw, thanks...sheesh. You said your passin through.

Too late, dude.

Passing through, yes.....may have stayed. Anyone who writes that kind of {censored}, and those that tolerate it......

.........I have better things to do.

• Members

Quoting tbry from the "other" thread:

WTF you talkin about man...I take a sugg use it and finish my song...What the {censored} you what...a medal?...The other alternative would be to drop in and say...hey cool...I dig that you used my suggestion...way to go! Good luck with your song.

btw, thanks...sheesh. You said your passin through.

Too late, dude.

Passing through, yes.....may have stayed. Anyone who writes that kind of {censored}, and those that tolerate it......

.........I have better things to do.

later

• Members

tbry.....anyone....

Empathy is a cool word....put yourself in my position..........

First real shout here.............and nothing.

Then a rant!

The world's {censored}ed up enough.

Maybe it's a kind of initiation ceremony..........I have some funny-looking gloves in the workshop.........

• Members

Right now Sonar LE...

I'm not familiar with Sonar, but I have to think it is similar to Cubase LE 4, which I started on. With LE 4, I had a stock of effect VSTs like delay, distortion, reverb, chorus, flange, etc, as well as the ability to import other VSTs. Reversing was available.

I bet you have more tools at your disposal than you think. Play around with that stuff, you can make even an acoustic guitar sound very different, as well as vocals.

• Members

I'm not familiar with Sonar, but I have to think it is similar to Cubase LE 4, which I started on. With LE 4, I had a stock of effect VSTs like delay, distortion, reverb, chorus, flange, etc, as well as the ability to import other VSTs. Reversing was available.

I bet you have more tools at your disposal than you think. Play around with that stuff, you can make even an acoustic guitar sound very different, as well as vocals.

I did play around with it...I think thats why it sounds so poor...I seem to do better with a straight slow finger picked style for recording (even then, only been playing 3 years) than when I try to show what I would like it to go towards with more layers and reverb delay ehco amp sims and so on...plus I get tired of working on the ame thing for hours on end and say...enough, it'll have to do...but I see that is the wrong attitude....some of you guys put tons of hours into these things and is shows with great recordings...just takes more time and practice....each one along the way leads to another...Thanks!!

• Members

I did play around with it...I think thats why it sounds so poor...I seem to do better with a straight slow finger picked style for recording (even then, only been playing 3 years) than when I try to show what I would like it to go towards with more layers and reverb delay ehco amp sims and so on...plus I get tired of working on the ame thing for hours on end and say...enough, it'll have to do...but I see that is the wrong attitude....some of you guys put tons of hours into these things and is shows with great recordings...just takes more time and practice....each one along the way leads to another...Thanks!!

Perhaps it is written communication getting in the way, but you can keep the same style while recording. Then just jam it through any VST you can think of and see what happens. Most will suck, but some will spark an idea, even if after hearing it you say, "that works but I need to retrack it to sit better within the effect."

If you have near zero latency, you can even pass the guitar through the effect while you are playing, which is interesting to hear those kinds of sounds coming from your acoustic. :D

Really, I'm not just talking about this song, but experimenting more for all future ventures. I'd be happy to send an example to you of something I put together when starting this very process.

• Members

Perhaps it is written communication getting in the way, but you can keep the same style while recording. Then just jam it through any VST you can think of and see what happens. Most will suck, but some will spark an idea, even if after hearing it you say, "that works but I need to retrack it to sit better within the effect."

If you have near zero latency, you can even pass the guitar through the effect while you are playing, which is interesting to hear those kinds of sounds coming from your acoustic.
:D

Really, I'm not just talking about this song, but experimenting more for all future ventures. I'd be happy to send an example to you of something I put together when starting this very process.

Yeah, that would be great...

Archived