rhino55

• Members

Very, very nice. Minimalism: I like it.

I only have one question. In this section,

Her lips are sealed

She gestures to me so

The only question I have

Is not one she can know

Is this supposed to mean that she doesn't know the question, or that she doesn't know the answer? You seem to be implying that she doesn't know the answer. If that's the case, then I think this might need a slight rewrite.

But otherwise, it's beautifully written.

LCK

• Members

Very, very nice. Minimalism: I like it.

I only have one question. In this section,

Her lips are sealed

She gestures to me so

The only question I have

Is not one she can know

Is this supposed to mean that she doesn't know the question, or that she doesn't know the answer? You seem to be implying that she doesn't know the answer. If that's the case, then I think this might need a slight rewrite.

But otherwise, it's beautifully written.

LCK

good catch... no great catch

The idea for this one is there are 3 characters. Narrator, an imagined face, and some one who's not there (presumably the owner of said piece of lace). The one who is not there is only mentioned one time "you've been gone a while." The question the narrator wants to ask the imagined face, where is that person. Which the imagined face cant know because, well... it's not real.

I thought this part was a little unclear when I wrote it, but convinced myself it was ok because it would work on both levels you mentioned.

Do you think it would be stronger if I did it like this?

Her lips are sealed

She gestures to me so

With only one question

That I need to know

I think that particular verse is clearer that way, but I like the set up of the subsequent verse with this one saying basically... she wont talk. she cant understand me when I do... into I ask my question anyway

hmmmm.... what do youl think?

• Members

good catch... no great catch

The idea for this one is there are 3 characters. Narrator, an imagined face, and some one who's not there

Boy, that's a tough set-up for minimalism, isn't it?

I haven't heard the tune, so this may not work (it adds an extra syllable), but what about:

Her lips are sealed

She speaks with a glance

The only question I have

Is one she can't answer

I'd have to hear the tune to know if something like that -- not necessarily that particular set of words -- would work or not.

LCK

• Members

Road worn smile really resonates with me... I love it. Maybe it's because of all my time I spent on the road and the realization that it is both a joyful experience, and a trying one.

cheers! I know the feeling. I think that's the case with a bunch of us songwriter types. That being the case I was worried that it was getting too close to cliche land.

I wrote a song specifically about being on the road playing music. If you haven't seen it yet, you might dig it too. It's Roadcase Rodeo http://www.ryanmakesnoise.com/media/

• Members

Boy, that's a tough set-up for minimalism, isn't it?

I haven't heard the tune, so this may not work (it adds an extra syllable), but what about:

Her lips are sealed

She speaks with a glance

The only question I have

Is one she can't answer

I'd have to hear the tune to know if something like that -- not necessarily that particular set of words -- would work or not.

LCK

I shot a video last night and brought the camera to the office so I could upload it today only to realize the computer doesnt have a slot for the memory card. :mad:

I'm about to go check and see if anybody else has one. If not I'll get it up this weekend

• Members

I shot a video last night and brought the camera to the office so I could upload it today only to realize the computer doesnt have a slot for the memory card.
:mad:

I'm about to go check and see if anybody else has one.
If not I'll get it up this weekend

Heyooooo!!!! Guess the wife is ok with these lyrics? :cool:

• Members

Yeah... yean. I like that word too!
:)
Yean.

He was tall and lean

In his tight black jeans

In a word man... he was yean

Unbelievably yean

:thu:

BAHAHA! LOVE IT!

As he walked the streets

Folks called him mean

But he was cool

And oh so yean

The song shall be called, simply...YEAN.

Archived