OT: New Car - STi or Evo?

mcr23

• Members
Oh, and HT, that boat of a car would never keep up with my Buddy's Lotus Exige.

The first turn and he'd be downstream a half mile before I come out of the bend.
:lol:

I said the v8 challenger is plenty fast for a street car, certainly not the fastest - if you're a racer, you might want to go ricer. BTW, my wife drives a Subaru - they're girl cars.

HT

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I said the v8 challenger is plenty fast for a street car, certainly not the fastest - if you're a racer, you might want to go ricer. BTW, my wife drives a Subaru - they're girl cars.

HT

You're wife can fit in a subey?

Modified seats? :confused:

• Members

Hahaha.

I'll have an Sti sooner or later, but for now my 05 wrx wagon is rockin. ~250whp puts me right in Sti territory.

Just go drive both. One of them will just feel better than the other. You can't really go wrong.

There's no real reason for you to get a STI. I've seen WRX's kill STI's. They're not that far off to begin with and after a good tune you're pretty close.

• Members
So I get my yearly bonus and raise in October and I think it's time to get a new car. I had a RX-7 for a while which was
:love:
but I broke it
:cry:

Then I had this 2000 Celica GT-S since then. It's not reallt fast and it's also not really me. Plus it's a 2000
:freak:

Anyway, I'm either getting a new STi or a new Evo. Which one should I get? I was thinking the STi cause of the added creature comforts but my friend just got back from Afghanistan and used the danger pay to buy a Lotus Exige
:mad:
/
:love:
and I think the nimbleness of the Evo could run with the Lotus better than the straight-line power of the STi.

They are both essentially equally "fast" so
:idk:

I drive a Lotus. :D
But I don't own it:cry:

• Members
I drive a Lotus.
:D
But I don't own it:cry:

The lotus is sweet man. I've driven it a few times and it is sooo much fun when some doosch pulls up in a Rustang and vrooms the engine, only to be left at the stoplight. :cop: :cop:

But here in Arlington, that's a not very practical ride. :idk:

• Members

The white STi with the gold BBS wheels is pretty hot. Tint the windows to the acceptable limit and possibly transfer my Alpine type-r and matching powermaplifier and I think I'd have a nice ride.

The EVO would do better in the bends and sharp turns against the STi but, for matters of job security, I don't think I should engage in such shenanigans...at least more than once a month. :cop:

• Members

There's no real reason for you to get a STI. I've seen WRX's kill STI's. They're not that far off to begin with and after a good tune you're pretty close.

Agreed on part of that. I'll hang with a stock STi at this point no problem. Especially with having a 5 speed vs. 6 speed. The potential of the STi though is obviously higher though, and the transmission is a huge selling point.

In the end, I'll most likely never fork up the cash for an STi. I love my car and am going to get a protune in the next few months (I'm running an OTS map). Just gotta be worried about chewing up gears.

• Members
The white STi with the gold BBS wheels is pretty hot. Tint the windows to the acceptable limit and possibly transfer my Alpine type-r and matching powermaplifier and I think I'd have a nice ride.

The EVO would do better in the bends and sharp turns against the STi but, for matters of job security, I don't think I should engage in such shenanigans...at least more than once a month.
:cop:

not entirely....

youre EVO is going to be considerably heavier than the STi.

and 415hp is nice..whats the price, in all fairness, if its outrageous dont do it..you could get those kind of numbers with a intake/exhaust/boost controller setup. Some Evos in my mags gained as much as 70whp just from exhaust/intake upgrades.

Archived