Mesa/Boogie- Simul-Class 2:90 vs Recto 2:100

petejt

• Members

Cool, thanks Jakem
:)

I might get the 50/50 and throw some JJ 6L6 valves in it, if I can't find a Recto 2:100.

Cool! I was looking for a Mesa poweramp a couple of years ago and asked for advice and suggestions in couple of forums. People told me to get the 50/50 because it sounds so good and is so much cheaper than the 2:90. Then I found a fantastic deal on a used but mint 2:Fifty and bought that. About a year after that I got even a better deal on a new 2:90 and couldn't pass that one up so I bought it and sold the 2:Fifty. I like the 2:90 a lot. In fact, I dunno if I ever sell it although I'd sell my rack preamps.:)

My guess is that the Mesa prices in Australia are as insane as they are in Finland?

-Jaakko

• Members

Cool! I was looking for a Mesa poweramp a couple of years ago and asked for advice and suggestions in couple of forums. People told me to get the 50/50 because it sounds so good and is so much cheaper than the 2:90. Then I found a fantastic deal on a used but mint 2:Fifty and bought that. About a year after that I got even a better deal on a new 2:90 and couldn't pass that one up so I bought it and sold the 2:Fifty. I like the 2:90 a lot. In fact, I dunno if I ever sell it although I'd sell my rack preamps.
:)

My guess is that the Mesa prices in Australia are as insane as they are in Finland?

-Jaakko

Yep we get ripped off heaps over here due to import taxes.

For example...

13zu5iw.jpg

• Members

I hope I can find a 2:100. I'm worried that the 2:90 would clash too much with the MarkIV, since it is also Simul-Class. I want something a little different to dovetail with the MarkIV's sound.

But if I can't get a 2:100, hopefully a 2:90 or 50/50 or 2:50 can do a Recto poweramp Vintage Orange tone? with some adjustments?

It is possible that it may be too close to the MKIV for the reasons you mentioned, I don't know as I haven't owned a MKIV.

I expect that they can all do a fairly good job of the Vintage Orange (which is the mode I used most often).

• Members

It is possible that it may be too close to the MKIV for the reasons you mentioned, I don't know as I haven't owned a MKIV.

I expect that they can all do a fairly good job of the Vintage Orange (which is the mode I used most often).

Well if they can do Vintage Orange, that'd be sweet.

I'm leaning more towards a 50/50 now, rather than the 2:90. But it sucks as I can't find one nationally, and all the ones on eBay are US/Canada only. :( {censored}en sucks :mad: I don't mind paying for shipping if the total cost is cheaper than buying it new locally. I've done it before successfully..

I'll start scouring HC spam threads again, better luck to be had there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I love musicians....

"Which poweramp should I get? The Mesa 2:90 or the Recto 2:100? I'll just get the 50/50 thanks."

Well, I later changed my mind... :idk: After considering everything, I felt it would better suit my purpose. And it was also available at the current time.

Archived