Songwriting and the Guitar

• Members

There's that new Casio synth that got a pretty great review in the lastest Electronic Musician. $600
and
it can run on batteries.
:D

I have a Casio WK6500 that was $299 new, very light, 76 keys, and can run on batteries. It sounds all right. I mean, it's not as good as my M50, but I wouldn't cry if it was destroyed.

[video=youtube;ISu3EfHXILk]

• Members

There's that new Casio synth that got a pretty great review in the lastest Electronic Musician. $600
and
it can run on batteries.
:D

You know, my main keyboard is a Casio--88 weighted keys, and I remember paying somewhere in the $600-700 range for it. No batteries, though. And the reason I got it was because I was playing in a band back in '07, and my band mates were sort of nudging me to invest in something better than my $300 Yamaha from Best Buy (this one did run on batteries:)). I managed to hold-off as long as I could, until my keyboard started leaking during a gig. I don't know what it the liquid in question was, but it burned. So yeah, I sort of had to give in after that. It was kind of a shame too--that little hunk o' plastic actually sounded pretty darn good.

• Members

Burned like in, caught fire -- or burned like in ate big holes through my skin?

I'm trying to think of what fluids might be in a cheap keyboard. Could it have had something to do with keyboard damping? That seems unlikely. For a few reasons. No big transformers, I shouldn't think, to drip highly toxic, carcinogenic PCBs. Let's hope. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived